Low Tech

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
I was at the track for a test-n-tune. A guy pitting next to me is racing a late model Mustang (05-06?). We start talking, & I quiz him about the Stang. He said it had dipped into the 12's, but tonight it was running 13.50's. I asked how much he had spent on the car to get it to run this ET. He stated approx. $7000.00! He stated his goal was 11's on all motor. So far to meet his current ET's, he stated that he was on his 3rd engine, & 5th rear end! I guess the $7000.00 did not include these items. He then started looking over my Dart Sport, I stated we were running 11.90's. He made the comment "low tech". Never mind that my car is street driven, less gear 3.91 to his 4.30, & I have a total investment of $10,000.00, 1-engine, 1-transmission, & 1-rearend. The one thing that was funny, with all the hi-tech electrics & devices, the battery went dead. He did use a LOW-TECH way to get it started, HE PUSHED IT!

The guy is an idiot to make a comment like that. You're running way better numbers with a way smaller investment. I would call it envy.

You had the last laugh.

Mopars rule!

What a D-bag. I overheard a guy I work with saying that his 2006 Mustang has 425hp. I asked him when he got the supercharger installed and he said quote, "I don't have a supercharger, but it's not stock". So I say, "Damn, what have you done to it then?" He says that he has a K&N Intake and Flowmaster mufflers, not entire exhaust just mufflers. AND THAT'S IT!!! So I proceeded to call him out and make him look like even more of a dumbass then usual.

He made the comment "low tech".

Personally, that would be the ultimate compliment to me!
What would be more of an insult to the "Gee Tech" crowd, than having a few Gs into a "low tech" old Mopar, yet still cream the crap out of all the $30,000-plus "Gee Techie" stuff out there?

"Gee, man, looks like you'll need a bigger fart can for that extra tenth!"

Mark.

high tech, low tech, whatever... its ALWAYS awesome to watch a car drive itself to the track, spank ***, and then drive home... :D

Jeez, what a peckerhead....I'd say spending thirty grand for a 13.5 sec. car is "No Tech". :yawinkle:

-
Back