Status
Not open for further replies.

grassy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Folks,
I am looking for a set of lower control arms with the sway bar tabs.

I am price sensitive and I need them shipped to Nova Scotia, B0P 1T0.

Thanks
Ian.

Those tabs will be in different locations for 2 different type swaybars.
Why pay shipping for entire arms only to gain the tabs ?
If you have the arms you could add the stiffeners and tabs all at the same time.
Surely there's a fab shop local to you that could help. Good luck either way.

Fish,

Where would I find a template to give to a welder I could add them on to my existing LCAs

Saving $s is necessary for me.
ian.

I've got pics and I've got factory arms on hand. I also have a 10 year old granddaughter here for a couple weeks. I'm thinking she would be happy to cut draw and cut out paper doll like templetes for us. Your other post says 75 model so I assume thats the tab location you seek. Pm me

It is a '75. Forgot to say that. I have acquired a front sway bar so I guess, I will need this in a couple of weeks..I await the diagram.

Thanks a bunch to you and your artist in residence :)

Ian.

you could try holding the sway bar up there in the correct location...I believe it goes thru the k-frame and then see where it needs to be on the LCA.

We're working on it. Might be Monday before we're ready to mail. Meanwhile PM your address. That applies to all interested parties. Please note this is the 73 up through the K sway bar tabs.

Grassy, go to firmfeel.com. On their website you can see how to make your own sway bar tabs. Possibly out of 3/8 inch thick L shaped steel. You just have to drill a hole in each control arm to bolt the tab on. I have a set of lower arms but shipping may be outrageous.

I'm gonna post pics and dimensions for the 73 up tabs later today. I can't say making them exactly like the factory did will be easy. They bent a piece of flat metal. 3 sides of 2X4 inch square tubing would get it close enough. Locating them properly is pretty straight forward with the arm on the work bench. Might not be so simple under the car.

Also, For those who asked about the tabs on pre 73 arms... I'll start anonther thread detailing those to avoid confusion. Happy moparing

Grassy, go to firmfeel.com. On their website you can see how to make your own sway bar tabs. Possibly out of 3/8 inch thick L shaped steel. You just have to drill a hole in each control arm to bolt the tab on. I have a set of lower arms but shipping may be outrageous.

I couldn't find the instructions on that site..I followed a link on the bigblockdrt site but the pictures were deleted by the admin..

I also found this on our site..

Cred goes to the original poster :

To make a 73-76 tab:

Get some 2" x 3" square tubing or 2" x 3" channel.
Cut the end across the 3" side diagonally 3" back to make a 45 degree cut. That will leave you a channel cross section that is 2" wide with two 3" tall legs.
Cut those two legs 3/4" back from the tip to make the legs 2 1/4"
Drill a 5/8" hole centered 2" from the back of the legs

That mount will be about 1/2" lower than stock. Not a big deal, you can just run a shorter end link spacer to compensate. You want to set the sway bar arm level to the ground at ride height. That will also be level to the sway bar tab. The factory tab is angled down slightly toward the center of the car. The angle is relative to the LCA flange.

You could make the piece out of 4x2 square tubing or 4x2 channel and put a notch in it like this. That would put them more at the factory height, but they are not as simple to make.

FabSwayBarPosition.JPG

FabSwayBarHoleLoc.JPG

FabSwayBarDimensions.JPG

73_76SwayBarTabsInstalled.jpg

73_76SwayBarTabs.jpg

Ok here goes... We first used sticky paper to cover the bracket , cut to size and peeled it off. Then we had to split the corner radiuses to get the pattern to lay flat Thus the bat pattern. The drawn in section has a couple of bends to create an offset. Part of this section is underneath the flange of the arm so an internal pattern would be needed to include it.

Use a square to find the center line . Mark 1 inch bothe sides of center.
The hole diameter and other info is on the pics.
I placed a 7/16" drill bit through the shock bolt hole. A string or straight edge off bottom of that hole and top of pivot pin hole will show the angle line.
The top of the tab sits 1/4 inch below the line.

73 up swaybar tab bat pattern.jpg

73 up swaybar tab center line.jpg

73 up swaybar tab measured.jpg

73 up swaybar tab location.jpg

I think there is enough info in this thread to properly install those tabs but... if anyone still wants a copy of our paper pattern pm or email your mailing info. Happy moparing

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back