lowering a 383 into A-body

-
Haven't tried it on the patio yet. Can you see/hear the TV from there?

Good point....NOW we're gettin somewhere (Seinfeld episode with Jerry and Elaine discussing the "rules" of their sex life together....classic!)

I have on my patio, but I may have been cheating since my patio is flat concrete and not the surface you have...

Attachments

• GTconv02.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 174
  • GTconv05.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 177
  • K_09.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 170
The last picture was with the test fit block when we thought we were still going with a 383. This is my back patio.

ive never tried it like this...always form the top. if this guy is doing it on pavers...i musta been doing it wrong all along! i got a 383/demon swap coming up in the next couple months...if i can remember i'll comment back on this-cause i gotta try it now!

In May me and my buddy installed my 440/auto/TTI's in a 68 from the bottom. We took a piece of short 2x4 and mounted a heavy duty caster 5" centered in the board, then drilled the board and mounted to the bottom of my k-frame using the two outside holes. Also took to tie down straps and secured my wheels/tires to the wheel dollies. We used a cherry picker with a chain connected to the back bolt hole for the front bumper on each side and then removed the k-frame bolts, lifted the body up and rolled the k-frame assembly out. I used second cherry picker to lift the engine/tranny on the the k-frame and tightened up the motor mounts. Next we rolled that package under the car , lined up the tranny crossmember and then lowered it in to place. Connected steering, brakes and lines and good to go.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php
vbpgimage.php

-
Back