Lunati Hydraulic FT Cam users..........

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What lifters are you using? Lunati's had their share of troubles with their lifters collapsing. Oh, I do have a new set comp cam lifters and the cam is the 703...…

I used the lifters that came with the cam kit.
Lost one lifter one day on start up, it did not pump up, bent a pushrod and broke a rocker.
Replaced the one lifter, and it has been fine ever since, got lucky it did not hurt the cam.

Hyd flat tappet cam lifters? I buy elgin's or melling, sealed power etc for next to nothing.
. I dont spend extra for name when they are made by the same people most of the time.

Last edited:
Do you know what size the snap rings are? Tried to figure that out but must have been too drunk or stoopid... maybe both!
Maybe I'm crazy..
Being that lifters a multi-piece deal it wouldn't be cost-efficient to have to make larger lifter cups and separate snap rings as well for a Chrysler when all the others use a smaller lifter body... so im thinking they start with the same core and 'cut less off of it' so that it's a .903 '904' instead of .842 or other smaller lifter bodies...I mean...call me crazy...just seems logical. Lol

Hydraulic Lifters Snap Rings - Lifters

I plan on running Lunati Micro Trol lifters in the big block I am currently building. On top of a Melling cam. lol

Maybe I'm crazy..
Being that lifters a multi-piece deal it wouldn't be cost-efficient to have to make larger lifter cups and separate snap rings as well for a Chrysler when all the others use a smaller lifter body... so im thinking they start with the same core and 'cut less off of it' so that it's a .903 '904' instead of .842 or other smaller lifter bodies...I mean...call me crazy...just seems logical. Lol

Hydraulic Lifters Snap Rings - Lifters
the snap rings in the link fit comp cam 822 lifters?

You think that snap-ring is bulletproof but its stamped steel and the “paperclip” is high grade tempered spring steel. The snap ring also weighs more, I use the paper clip.

So you both ran Solid lifters on your Hydraulic Lunati cams? Interesting. What brand?
first thing I did was have my purple performance camshaft that was hydraulic ground into a solid lifter camshaft... No I have never ran solid lifters on a hydraulic lifter cam except after it had been ground...

first thing I did was have my purple performance camshaft that was hydraulic ground into a solid lifter camshaft... No I have never ran solid lifters on a hydraulic lifter cam except after it had been ground...

Why do you keep looking for performance out of hydraulic lifters?...

Solid.. what else...
read the title again, then read my question in post 1 again. And read it slow this time.... Question is specific about Lunati Hydraulic FT cams, and what lifters people have used on them. That's why it says Lunati Hyd FT cam USERS... in the title. Are you a user of a Lunati FT Hyd cam?? GREAT, please tell me what lifters you used, i'm interested. :)

That last hydraulic I used, I used Rhoads lifters. I liked them.
If I use another hydraulic I will try the Rhoads V Max.

read the title again, then read my question in post 1 again. And read it slow this time.... Question is specific about Lunati Hydraulic FT cams, and what lifters people have used on them. That's why it says Lunati Hyd FT cam USERS... in the title. Are you a user of a Lunati FT Hyd cam?? GREAT, please tell me what lifters you used, i'm interested. :)
I wouldn't use hydraulic lifters on a performance build, why do you? Is there any advantage?...

-
Back