-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locomotion

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Contact seller
* M&R 5 pt. 42" Vee-shoulder, bolt-in, lever-type seat belt set # 96555-52APD. SFI 16.1. Blue, 3" shoulder & lap, 1 3/4" sub. belts. Expires Oct. 2010 - LIKE NEW. Used for a couple of races. $40.00

* M&R 5 pt. 36" Vee-shoulder, bolt-in, lever-type seat belt set # 96555-42APD. SFI 16.1. Blue, 3" shoulder & lap, 1 3/4" sub. belts. EXPIRED Good condition. $20.00

.....plus shipping from 32117 in Florida.

004.jpg

005.jpg

I don't understand the term expires ?

Will these fit duster w/bucket seats or will the folks in mack not have any foot room.

I am interested.
Ian.

The belts have an SFI expiration date which is at least 2 years from manufacture. In drag racing, you have to replace or re-web them every 2 years for (according to them) safety reasons. (I don't believe circle track cars have this rule.)

The shoulder "V" would require a roll bar that has another bar running across the back of the seat to secure them to. The lap belts can be bolted in the OEM locations. The 5th belt can be properly secured under the seat or left out.

Darn, no roll bar. I believe another rule dates the helmet as well.

Thanks for the quick response.

Ian.

The seat belt deal is kinda lame. I can run 10's with a set of 30 year old OEM belts ( I don't recommend it), but not with a set of aftermarket belts that are a day out of expiration. I always sell them to my rock crawling buddies after they have expired.

Darn, no roll bar. I believe another rule dates the helmet as well.

Thanks for the quick response.

Ian.

Thanks. Sorry I couldn't be of any help!
The helmet rule is much longer. I think at least 5 years. So at least that's a little better.
Most people feel that it's a political/money deal where NHRA helps sell more products through those rules. I'm all for safety. Just some rules don't quite make sense.

I have gotten alot of good deals on expired racing belts (sometimes "new" in the box) for use on my hot rods. Nothing wrong with using them where you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back