Made my own 3/4" front off-set hangers

-

70Roadkill

Reaction score
just need to do a little welding but otherwise I think it turned out pretty nice. Have one done need to make the other side. Figured I'd show a couple pics to inspire someone else or see what others created. I have a set of 5/8" bolt ones I used as a model but I'm staying with my stock springs and 1/2" bolt. So decided to make some up. You can see the stock on the 5/8" and the one I'm making in the pics. I used 3/16" plate. Also made up a jig to press the bend on the one side in my press.

IMG_4662.JPG

IMG_4664.JPG

IMG_4668.JPG

IMG_4667.JPG

IMG_4665.JPG

well done...the fun is the "building part"
ever notice that a lot of hot rodders and restorers are welders / fabricators

I guess someone without a brake could just use flat plate and weld everything together... Rod

Haven't finished them yet, enjoying and evening with the family but they fit fine. I don't have a fancy sheet metal brake. I fabricated this to bend the one side.no fancy tools. I have a cheap harbor freight press and hand held band saw I made a stand to have it vertical and made a plate so I can cut sheet metal.

IMG_4669.JPG

Very nice work! :thumbsup:

I've considered making a set myself in the past, but with DoctorDiff selling the whole kit for $150 I took the easy way out and just bought a set. Not as satisfying as making it yourself, but I figured I saved myself some time.

Nicely done. They look beefy. Looks like there's options for where ever you want the spring. I wouldn't mind moving my rear axle back a 1/2" or so. It would be easy with these.

3 1/2 " square tubing (3/16" wall) is a perfect fit for the front spring perch and can be used for slightly modifying or replacing the stock pieces.Just cut the face off and drill to your specs

just need to do a little welding but otherwise I think it turned out pretty nice. Have one done need to make the other side. Figured I'd show a couple pics to inspire someone else or see what others created. I have a set of 5/8" bolt ones I used as a model but I'm staying with my stock springs and 1/2" bolt. So decided to make some up. You can see the stock on the 5/8" and the one I'm making in the pics. I used 3/16" plate. Also made up a jig to press the bend on the one side in my press.

View attachment 1715063543

View attachment 1715063544

View attachment 1715063545

View attachment 1715063546

View attachment 1715063547
Hotrodding at its finest!

-
Back