Magnum\LA Hybrid, Different timing cover?

-

Novacuda

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a Magnum/LA hybrid 360 ( http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/mn2472.html ) and I'm wanting to go from the serpentine water-pump, to the older style v-belt setup. None of the regular mechanical pumps fit this front cover, they're close, but no cigar. From what I've inconclusively read on here I need to switch to an earlier style front cover to run the older style w/p and pulley setup right? Is the early and the late front covers the same bolt patterns? Thanks for the help guys. :prayer:

To run the older style water pump and pulleys you will also need to run an older style LA timing cover. This will bolt directly to your magnum block. Hope this helps

You need a 1970 and later timing cover and water pump. The pullys are easy to find at junkyards just look for a pickup or van with no air and get all the pullys and brackets. Make sure the cam snout is long enough to mount the fuel pump eccentric, magnums had a shorter cam snout. If you don't want the mechanical pump you can use all the same parts with a fuel pump block off plate.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, y'all are a huge help as always! :prayer:

-
Back