Man it hurt not to go racing this weekend

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Beautiful weekend for a 5000-10,000-5000 dollar race weekend and I had zero desire all week to spend the needed three hours work to finish my duster. Honestly if it was a local one day race I could have done it but I wasn’t up to the extra work required to get the motorhome packed and hooked up. So instead I did some yard work that I was way behind on. I trimmed the yard Saturday and trimmed my long overdue shrubs today. The mess is all cleaned up and on my fire pit. I even got out my pole saw and trimmed the tree overhanging my house. Back to shop work tomorrow.

IMG_4025.jpeg

IMG_4026.jpeg

IMG_4027.jpeg

Looks good, sometimes stuff around the house has to take top priority. How's next weekend looking for a race?

Saturday at Keystone is our night Of Fire which is a great show with even a top fuel dragster. Weather is let’s say so-so. Ya I gotta get and keep up with yard work so I’m ready for my knee surgery the middle of November. Gotta get the house cleaned up so I’m not embarrassed when I get home therapy.

Same here my friend and I were all set to go to our local track for a pro dial race. Mind you the race is ran by an outside promotor and he matches your entry into pro dial ( we pay $50 and he matches the $50 for a total of $100 ) The track in the past charged $70 for the track entry / tech card so it would be $120 to enter .. overnight the track raised the entry / tech card fee to $100 so it now would be $150 to enter. A $30 change !!! I understand the track needs to make $$ etc. but it was just sneaky the way it was done . We both just stayed home and mowed our lawns.. I know of two other racers that didn't attend either for the same reason. I will be back there in two weeks when the pro dial entry fee is $60 . I am pretty close with track management and they did reach out to me to apologize as they thought I knew about the price increase but it was too late to attend by then.

Besides the heat, that yard work stuff is exactly why I haven't made any progress on my build since late May.
Last year we had a bunch of bs stuff and didn't get much yard work done.
Well that made it way worse this year because weeds went to seed and over took a lot of the garden area.
I just about got it cleaned up.

Besides the heat, that yard work stuff is exactly why I haven't made any progress on my build since late May.
Last year we had a bunch of bs stuff and didn't get much yard work done.
Well that made it way worse this year because weeds went to seed and over took a lot of the garden area.
I just about got it cleaned up.

Doesn’t take long to make you get behind.

Beautiful weekend for a 5000-10,000-5000 dollar race weekend and I had zero desire all week to spend the needed three hours work to finish my duster. Honestly if it was a local one day race I could have done it but I wasn’t up to the extra work required to get the motorhome packed and hooked up. So instead I did some yard work that I was way behind on. I trimmed the yard Saturday and trimmed my long overdue shrubs today. The mess is all cleaned up and on my fire pit. I even got out my pole saw and trimmed the tree overhanging my house. Back to shop work tomorrow.

View attachment 1716288062

View attachment 1716288063

View attachment 1716288064
Good for you - lookin' pretty spiffy! Rode my mower yesterday after church.

I forgot to say, your yard looks very nice

Lol just a bunch of country Rye grass that looks half decent when it’s green. I’ll hop on the tractor probably Wednesday before another stretch of rain moves in for the weekend.

Lol just a bunch of country Rye grass that looks half decent when it’s green. I’ll hop on the tractor probably Wednesday before another stretch of rain moves in for the weekend.
I thought the Lord blessed me this spring with nice grass on the back acre but nope, I was deceived...it was the devil & crab grass junk.
This fall I am torching all the vegetation back there which is mostly native and noxious weeds.

-
Back