manifolds for a 6.1 swap with alterk

-

Black 69 Dart

Reaction score
Ok I have the engine/trans in the car with alterk. Tried to fit the manifolds in and the passanger side fit nicely but the drivers side will not go in. I do not want to run the tti's as its getting twin turbo's. What manifolds work for this application.

Which ones do you have now? O beoeve Tincup is running the Jeep SRT manifolds and that is what I am going to run in mine. Can't tell you about the fitment yeat as I haven't put it in the car yet.
IMG00222-20111229-1040.jpg

Jeep SRT8 manifolds or Street & Perf's headers.....both should work

I have srt jeep manifolds, hit on the drivers engine mount and the flange that bolts to the exhaust hits on the trans where the starter goes in.

I had the trans issue also. Ground down both the flange and trans a bit to solve that issue.
IMG00224-20111229-1040.jpg

I think Tin may have notched his mount to clear if i remember his build thread correctly.
I believe Dave (5.7dart) used a stock Ram manifold with no issues but that kind of loses flow.

what I wanted to do was swap the manifold from side to side and point them forward. figured I would have to build and adapter between the flange and the head for the bolt holes but they will not work and they hit everywhere doing that. Then i was thinking of pointing them back and putting in a j-bend exhaust pipe going forward with that. I may still try and just modify the drivers engine mount, but not alot of room under the car for a j-bend.

-
Back