manifolds for my 318

-

harrytoes

Reaction score
What manifolds will fit on my 68 barracuda fast back 318. Right now it has the stock 318 manifolds on it with a single exhaust. will 340 or 360 mani's work. I probably should just pay the money and go for the headers

You won't end up paying much more for a set of Hedman Hedders and they are far superior to manifolds in every way. I can't really speak to whether or not 340 or 360 manifolds will work.

You could always try to put some Magnum exhaust manifold on (better than 360 manifold's). If you search there was someone that had a ton of pics and how's to put them in an A body. Or do what Sggduster says and go with some cheap headers, the only problem with them is crapy ground clearence, and if you have lots of bucks go with TTI headers. These don't have the ground clearence issues like most A body headers.
Any one else?

I searched around for more information about using magnum exhaust maniflods. Couldn't really find much. I don't want to do any cutting and TTI is way out of my league right now. I am doing a mild build on this 318 so I am not looking to go all out. How much would switching to dual exhaust help. Which isth ebetter sit up a X or a H style exhuast?

my 318 I am using dual exhaust, no headers.

Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers.

2.25" system.

an "H" helps some, I didn't bother, to save some money,
{It would have cost me an extra $75, as I wanted a flange so i could
unhook the "H"}

Do you want to street drive the car most of the time??

DID you figure out what cam you want to use?

-
Back