Markings on A833 manual

-

jcmeyer5

Token Ford Guy
Reaction score
I started cleaning up the transmission yesterday and ran across these markings. Any idea what they mean? There was also a orange paint marking across the casting number, but it got inadvertently removed:
BCE0F9F9-14E7-4F08-8A17-C816F07BB7DD.jpeg

The 680 is the broadcast sheet code so that the person getting the transmission from inventory knew which one to send to the main line to be mated to the engine and installed in the car.

I’ve only seen 605 stamps (albeit limited research). I just wanted to be sure it isn’t something special before I paint it. It isn’t original to the car.

I run the 1970 Hamtramck Registry. That said........

Hamtramck assigned VINs in blocks by basic model type (even though the cars were not built in VIN order or in blocks of similar cars) and this VIN hits in a Valiant / Duster set of assigned numbers known to me.

Ah....I see .
So unless I have that data it will all be Greek to me ?

It takes a lot of time and research to speak Hammy well.

By this late date;
Your front suspension could be 73 up, your steering 70-72, your front brakes 75.
Your rear could be a 67 Coronet, your drums 71 Demon.
Your front fenders could be reworked 67s, yur rad a 75Dart.
And your engine could be a Royal assemblage of leftovers from the 70s and 80s.
And the driver from the 50s or 60s
Ain't the hobby just Grand!

I run the 1970 Hamtramck Registry. That said........

Hamtramck assigned VINs in blocks by basic model type (even though the cars were not built in VIN order or in blocks of similar cars) and this VIN hits in a Valiant / Duster set of assigned numbers known to me.

He Alaskan_TA. Is there a source for the makings I would normally find on a 'Hammy' car, including codes on differential and leaf springs? I have a 72 Demon in mid restoration and want to reprodcuse some of the "obscure" markings like color markingss on leaf springs etc that did not make it to my card. I have 6 spings/side. Not typical but I'm leaving as is. I have a pretty complete record of the Differential marking from my car, but other components are no longer visible. I have seen some lists form "For B bodies only", but not sure if my Hamtramck Demon would have the same. Some of the things I have found do not mach up like the Upper control arms were painted Black and not with rattle can paint, and Hamtramck supposedly did not paint theirs. The car appears to be pretty unrestored and un modified. Not the original fender, transmission, Carb and Camshaft. Everything else looks to be original-ish. No reliable early history is availble on this thing. She had been a barn queen for bout 20 years until I bought her and I'm putting her back to original as much as I can. Any help would be super cool to get.

-
Back