Master Cylinder Fittings

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does anyone know if autozone, o'reilly's, or Napa may carry the two brake line tube nut fittings for a later model master cylinder? Turns out, they're two different sizes (1/2-20, and 9/16-20 for 3/16 tube) I bought one 1/2-20 tube nut yesterday at napa, but it's a little too short.

They sell them at Inline Tube, but I'd like to find a part number to buy locally if possible. We all know it's impossible to find anything like this at a parts house without a part number.

Thanks!

upload_2020-11-3_8-0-13.jpeg

You have to be careful. Those fittings "generally" are not standard. In other words, some of them are not even standard line fittings thread. They were designed to be proprietary to keep from getting mixed up. Damn things used to be a nightmare back in the days of hydraulic brake controller hookups

Any auto parts store worth it's salt should have the fittings you need. If they don't, try somewhere else. Our NAPA store is one of those places. Experienced car guy counter people. They line up to talk to Barry.

Any auto parts store worth it's salt should have the fittings you need. If they don't, try somewhere else. Our NAPA store is one of those places. Experienced car guy counter people. They line up to talk to Barry.

Unfortunately, without a part number, I'm SOL at any of the local auto parts stores. I tried yesterday, and ended up bringing home two tube nuts that won't work.

That kit doesn't have the fittings I need. The later model master cylinders (aluminum with plastic reservoir) uses long 1/2-20 and 9/16-20 tube nuts (photo above). Inline tube does carry them, so I know I can get them, I was just wondering if anyone has a part number for those fittings so I can pick them up locally.

Autozone does carry brake and fuel line fittings in the back with there brake and fuel line so ask and have them take you back.

-
Back