mat69dodgedart

-

MAT69dodgedart

Reaction score
I just bought a NSS, nostalgia super stock 69 dodge dart that is a winning car. I just signed in so I need to know if my posts are working. I have a few questions.

I bought a 69 NSS dodge dart NSS. 383 big block. it has 2" hooker fenderwall headers. I did not realize until I brought the car home from bowling green, that the right side header tubes had been beaten so badly with a hammer, sos the car would turn right. when I bought the car it sat hi like a gasser. I just thought that was the way the owner preferred.I come home here to Wisconsin and had the car aligned and he brought the torsion down where the car sat normal. but now I cant turn right at all??? I thought about smaller tube headers? but 1 7/8 would not solve the problem. It has the oval hooker plate on the one tube. but cannot find a part number for the headers. I guy that advertised it said they where competion headers. the headers sit 1/4 from the firewall on both sides. but when I turn left I have plenty of clearance. because cylinder 1 sit forward. but the right side. I am unable to turn right. unless I jack this thing in the air again. first time writng on A-body forum. hope you understand what im trying to say. please write back if you know a solution. thank you. Mat

46514301_709983076050845_9171945532971548672_o.jpg

Welcome.
Are you stuck on keeping the fenderwell headers?

Those do not look like the Hooker Super comps on my Valiant? I am considering having custom tubes made for mine? To avoid all this fitment issues

-
Back