Max Wedge question?

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Used to work in a speed shop.Specialized in Mopar,for the most part. A few months back,dropped by to say hi. Forgot he has an original Max Wedge mechanical Hilborn setup,stacks and all.The kicker was the mechanical drive fuel pump he has.Does anyone know anything about this setup? I am good on carbs,mech.F.I,new to me.Thanks,for any response.

I do not have the answer for your question. I do have a question to your question: do you currently have max wedge heads?
There are big intake port differences between B/RB heads and max wedge heads.

Yes,I know the differenceThis is a head porting shop.This is not my combo,the shop owner has this lying on the back shelf.The only thing close cyl head wide,some if the newer Victors.

ok cool, just checking as many have no idea. I wouldn't want to see someone spend a lot of money on FI and not be able to use because the need to find/buy Maxi heads.

I believe HemiMark has this set up on his Cuda might want to PM him and see if he has an answer or can direct you to the answer.

yea they fit the victors if the max wedge ports are ported into them...

as for the injection they will have very limited street manners, they are on or off streets...

but...

Bob at Imagine injection here in Phx can convert them over to electronic... thats what im gonna do for my AWB

If you or your friend decides to sell them I'd be interested, they will work great with my MW P5249579 heads.

you don't have to use a cam driven fuel pump. i got my belt driven one from rbssuperchargers.com. you need your fuel tank in the front. they is a way to make mfi streetable but it just too much of a problem. if you going to drag only it's the way to go for power.

Attachments

• older Pictures 256.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 233
Gene Adams Performance. 530-357-5570 He used to work for Hilborn and is a guru in the Heritage Series.

Actually, it has been on the back shelf,since 89.All the parts look good.Never seen one like it.If I can catch him there,I will post pics. Thanks,all for the responses

-
Back