May 19, 2013 MoPower Madness Car Show & Swap (Wheaton IL)

-

Divenut

Reaction score
OK all you Chicagoland members, 2 months from today...be there or be square LOL! :D

We had a great turnout last year, hope to see some of you there.

Be well,
Pat

2013 CMC Mopar Car Shows & Swaps

May 19, 2013 MoPower Madness Car Show & Swap at Dupage County Fairgrounds 9am -4pm
2015 Manchester Rd. Wheaton, IL. 60187 Ron - 630-553-2203

Pat,

I am new to the area Living in Mt Prospect and would love to bring my 65 Formula S Cuda for a ride to this event! I could use some directions as being new have not learned my way all around yet! If possible I would prefer to avoid highway like the tollroad, to many idiots for my liking...I drove my baby here from maryland this fall and its been sitting waiting for good weather to go for a ride! I drove it today for a few miles after work and was loving the sound and joy of driving my baby! She runs good and drives straight after getting aligned with new tires all the way around after getting her this late fall! My favorite saying is Mopar or No car!

GreggR 65 CudaLover

Pat,

I am new to the area Living in Mt Prospect and would love to bring my 65 Formula S Cuda for a ride to this event! I could use some directions as being new have not learned my way all around yet! If possible I would prefer to avoid highway like the tollroad, to many idiots for my liking...I drove my baby here from maryland this fall and its been sitting waiting for good weather to go for a ride! I drove it today for a few miles after work and was loving the sound and joy of driving my baby! She runs good and drives straight after getting aligned with new tires all the way around after getting her this late fall! My favorite saying is Mopar or No car!

GreggR 65 CudaLover

Hey GreggR and welcome to the area. The CMC (Chicagoland Mopar Connection) is hosting the event. I'll be working along with 30 or so other members of the CAM ( Chicagoland Area Mopars) Chapter. We'd love to see you and your Cuda there!

Pat

Here's non-highway directions from Mt Prospect. Google Maps indicates 25 miles and a 49 minute ride. The Highway/Tollroad will save about 10 Minutes.

Driving directions to 2015 Manchester Rd, Wheaton, IL 601873D2D

- more info »

marker_greenA.png
Mt Prospect, IL

transparent.png

1. Head west on W Central Rd toward N Wille St
transparent.png

1.2 mi

2. Turn left onto S Busse Rd
transparent.png

7.4 mi

3. Continue onto IL-83 S/​Kingery Hwy S
transparent.png

3.8 mi

4. Turn right onto IL-64 W/​W North Ave
transparent.png

9.6 mi

5. Turn left onto County Farm Rd
transparent.png

3.1 mi

6. Turn left onto Manchester Rd Destination will be on the left
transparent.png

0.5 mi

marker_greenB.png
2015 Manchester Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187

Would there be room for a non running car for display?

I do not think that would be a problem, we have pretty much the entire fair grounds, so should be plenty of space. But I'll confirm that and get back to you johnparts. Look forward to meeting you.

Pat

Well I'll be there car or not but I would like to start to show her since she should be a roller and in paint by then.

Well I'll be there car or not but I would like to start to show her since she should be a roller and in paint by then.

Hey Johnparts, will you be keeping it on the trailer, or will we roll it off? Either way is fine. If you keep it trailered we'll just need to know so we can make sure we save enough space for you. Let me know and I'll pass it on to the appropriate folks. Your doing a pro touring build right?

Take care,
Pat

Pat I will be rolling it off the trailer and will have 1 fender that I will be taking off so people can get a look at the front suspension. She will be in primer so if there is a chance of rain I will want to keep the trailer close.

Pat I will be rolling it off the trailer and will have 1 fender that I will be taking off so people can get a look at the front suspension. She will be in primer so if there is a chance of rain I will want to keep the trailer close.

Sounds great. I am looking forward to seeing your project in person. I will find out who is handling the placement of cars to sure things up as the big day nears.

Pat

I'm going to try and be there with my Dart but I'm currently scheduled to work that day so I'll have to see what I can do about that.
Ken

Sounds great. I am looking forward to seeing your project in person. I will find out who is handling the placement of cars to sure things up as the big day nears.

Pat

Going to be interesting that's for sure. I asked my painter if he could have the thing in paint by the 17th. He laughed. SO primer it is.

I'm going to try and be there with my Dart but I'm currently scheduled to work that day so I'll have to see what I can do about that.
Ken

Sounds good Ken. Hope you can make it

Going to be interesting that's for sure. I asked my painter if he could have the thing in paint by the 17th. He laughed. SO primer it is.

LOL..well you had to ask right? Nothing wrong with primer man, I suspect all the fab and mods you've done will shine through.

Pat,

Thank you, I look forward to being there! My 65 formula s is still a work in progress, she runs great, drives straight, blows peoples doors off! Needs a little body and paint job still! However it is the joy of my Mopar world! I drove it here from Maryland and now getting married in May 10 days before this show, so life is great! Look forward to some fun in the Sun!

GreggR 65Cudalover

Considering I live eight minutes down the road, I will be there for sure. Maybe I will make this show a reason to get the turbo install done.

Pat,

Thank you, I look forward to being there! My 65 formula s is still a work in progress, she runs great, drives straight, blows peoples doors off! Needs a little body and paint job still! However it is the joy of my Mopar world! I drove it here from Maryland and now getting married in May 10 days before this show, so life is great! Look forward to some fun in the Sun!

GreggR 65Cudalover

Outstanding! Look forward to meeting you and seeing your car. FYI - My Duster is a BIG work in progress. We got it running and driving but it's rough. Our list of things to do is like 300 lines! LOL :wack:

Considering I live eight minutes down the road, I will be there for sure. Maybe I will make this show a reason to get the turbo install done.

Very cool, been following your build. It'd be great if you can "get er done" in time for the event. :D

Take care fellas,
Pat

how far from milwaukee....might be worth the trip to meet more mopar freaks....

Hey Dustpan340...It'd guess about 1 hour & 45 minutes 'ish. I'm sure the pics in the Mopar Muscle article don't do your ride justice. My Wife & Kids drooled over your ride and would get a hoot seeing it in person!

Pat

Hey Dustpan340...It'd guess about 1 hour & 45 minutes 'ish. I'm sure the pics in the Mopar Muscle article don't do your ride justice. My Wife & Kids drooled over your ride and would get a hoot seeing it in person!

Pat

so 2 hrs the way I drive...might be worth the ride and bring some other MOPAR guys along....

thanks for the kind words on the car...car looks diff with the new hood and auto trans...other then that,....its the same....pm me directions.....I HATE TOLLS..LOL

so 2 hrs the way I drive...might be worth the ride and bring some other MOPAR guys along....

thanks for the kind words on the car...car looks diff with the new hood and auto trans...other then that,....its the same....pm me directions.....I HATE TOLLS..LOL

PM Sent....And the new hood looks great :cheers:

-
Back