Melling Factory La/Magnum HD lifters

-

dowboy1970

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What would be my best source to by a set of 16 Melling roller lifters for a late LA/Magnum?

Thanks Fabo!

the PN is JB-2225 and most parts stores carry them as well-- you might be able to game the system with vato-zone where they give you 20% if your order more than 3 of something or over a $100 or whatever their current promo is.

rock has the lowest price by like a dollar, but you'll probs pay that back in shipping from those meanies.

if you're friendly with your local dealer, sometimes the parts counter there will give you a little break and sell you at "racer net" or just cuz they wanna clear product.

Could these be an option for bushed early-LA?

I guess you could if you drilled and tapped the intake valley and ran the spider and lifter dog bones. Comp actually makes a kit to do that with the Ford Cleveland engines.

[/URL]

[/URL]

the PN is JB-2225 and most parts stores carry them as well-- you might be able to game the system with vato-zone where they give you 20% if your order more than 3 of something or over a $100 or whatever their current promo is.

rock has the lowest price by like a dollar, but you'll probs pay that back in shipping from those meanies.

if you're friendly with your local dealer, sometimes the parts counter there will give you a little break and sell you at "racer net" or just cuz they wanna clear product.
I have a fleet discount at Oreilly's that I will check on.

$200 does not sound to bad.

i think the actual lifter casting part is taller on the magnum, so it's not just the bore that's different.

if you look the magnum rollers are long and the retro roller kits show shorter lifters.

i mean, anything's possible though.

I believe IMM used BAM’s in my last engine project. I have Morels in a 408.
Bushing bores is expensive so it would have been nice to offset the cost with a quality production piece.

I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to go to the junkyard and tear apart a used magnum and take the lifters home, disassemble them, clean them, and stick em in your engine.

I have two LA 318 roller blocks and one has lifters the other does not.
I thought I would maybe buy new as I would like to run close to the lift of .600 and twist to 6500.

the used will go to a lower performance motor.

Hope this does not open up a broad can of worms,

Am I asking to much?

Last edited:
lift of .600 and twist to 6500.
This isn’t asking too much and a stock lifter will be just fine, new or used. Spend your money where it counts on springs, a geometry correction kit from B3 racing, and a good roller rocker.

Another vote for Morels. We ran them hard in my 408LA. Will be switching to BAM solid lifters for the 416 that IMM is building for me.

-
Back