Members who had/have Covid

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
What were your initial symptoms?
I have had sinus issues since 1993. Waking up congested is my normal. Somedays the congestion never clears up. When my sinus problem is acting up I get a bit of a sore throat. And my breath...well...smells like crotch rot. Needless to say when I am like this I have very little sense of smell.
Well..this is one of those days. Thinking I may call the doc but with my history of sinus troubles kinda feel I'm just being paranoid.

I think we already have another thread about members who've had it.

...but to answer the question-

It seems it's different for different people.

My first symptom was mild fatigue, like I over did it moving things around.
Never got a sore throat.
Didn't get a fever until I'd had it for almost a week.
2nd symptom was muscle and joint aches.

What were your initial symptoms?
I have had sinus issues since 1993. Waking up congested is my normal. Somedays the congestion never clears up. When my sinus problem is acting up I get a bit of a sore throat. And my breath...well...smells like crotch rot. Needless to say when I am like this I have very little sense of smell.
Well..this is one of those days. Thinking I may call the doc but with my history of sinus troubles kinda feel I'm just being paranoid.
How is your immune system??

Doesn't seem to have any consistency. Only about half the people I know (who had it, and who I've discussed it at length with) got a fever. Out of two dozen, maybe 3 lost their taste/smell. Some had fatigue, others didn't. Some had a cough or congestion, some didn't. Some had their sinuses actually clear out in an uncomfortable way. Around 2 or 3 had no symptoms at all.

Almost all had some sort of brain fog at some point with diminished reasoning skills for at least a few days, some for weeks. Strange disease to be sure.

Mine started with a headache (rare for me), then a low fever, then the coughing and loss of smell and taste. Never had sinus issues which made the loss of smell and taste weird.

Coughing, then just generally feeling awful a few days later. Christmas eve got my results, started with the night sweats/chills/clammy feeling for over a week and just wanted to die. Missed Christmas altogether (@68gtxman and his wife didnt come for dinner like usual, but dropped a pie off!) and gradually felt on the upswing after 2 weeks. Lots of nose blowing and coughing up phlegm. No headaches, could smell and taste like when you have the normal flu, slightly diminished, but still there. No high temp either.

Last edited:
Mine started with a wicked sinus headache and burn in my sinuses that made my vision wacky. After that, it was full body aches and nightsweats with what felt like near seizure body spasms all during the night.

Don’t feel like you are paranoid, call the doc and get tested. If you are negative, nothing lost. If you turn out positive, the sooner you get care the better the probability of recovery.

I got bit last March before testing really became available. Now there is no reason not to get tested and find out for sure.

I got nailed at the end of last February.
I got what I thought was a wicked case of the flu. I ignored it the first 3 days, finally went to the ER, they tested me fro the flu and it wasn't that.
They had no idea what was making me sick, but they kept me for 3 more days and decided that it was cardiac related because I was having heart palpitations.
They had me scheduled for cardiac rehab and all sorts of stuff.
Then COVID happened and everything was called off.
Long about July my doc decided that I probably had the COVID and not the cardiac issues they thought.
They offered to test me, but no real need to now.
I agree with others, if you're worried, get a test.

Congestion, sore body and fatigue, lasted about 2 weeks.
Felt the same I do every time I catch a bug.

-
Back