Michigan newbee . . . ole fart . . .

-

Popdart

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a ole fart newbie from Howell, Michigan. Presently just purchased a 73 Swinger / 383 / 727 / 8 3/4. Won't have it till mid June. Makes me a kid again! Glad to be a part of all this. I didn't realize there were regional forums until I stumbled upon it. Anyone from Howell / Brighton area in Michigan? Again glad to join ya!! Rog

Welcome from one ole fart to another. I just got my Dart 3 yrs ago and like you said, feel young again. Beware, it becomes an addiction, two jobs to afford all the goodies you want and no end to the upgrades.

I hear ya there . . . this is my second Dart Swinger . . first was a new 70 340 . . . I guess I'm dating myself . . . Have a great one!! Rog

My first was a 1970 Dart 340 which my parents owned but (foolishly) let me learn to drive at the age of sixteen and take to high school in 1974.
I turned 50 last Summer, and bought my 1971 Dart GT three years ago. Having it and driving around town does take me back to my younger days.
Enjoy yours when you get it.

Welcome popdart!
I'm closing in on 62 and 1/2. You know you are old when you start counting half years! LOL!
Pat

Hi guys, I'm a ole fart newbie from Howell, Michigan. Presently just purchased a 73 Swinger / 383 / 727 / 8 3/4. Won't have it till mid June. Makes me a kid again! Glad to be a part of all this. I didn't realize there were regional forums until I stumbled upon it. Anyone from Howell / Brighton area in Michigan? Again glad to join ya!! Rog

Popdart, Howdy from way down here in Pinckney!!! Good of you to join, and if you need anything I can do for you, just ask. I have recently parted out a couple of 72 darts and I am eyeing another. Good luck with your new purchase, and welcome home!!! Geof

Welcome Popdart, Im from Pinckney also and Cosgig's brother. Look us up anytime if you need anything. Greg

I haven't been on for a while, been busy getting married (great gal) and haven't been well with a bad back. Did most of my home chores and have been healing so its time to play and begin some work on my Dart.

My car is not driveable, as I think there are some harness issues, no exhaust, and alot of questionable areas. I know nothing of the drive train condition or innards. I want to end up with a reliable driver, not necessary numbers matching or show car. Considering pulling the 383 and going 340 or 360.

Thanks for all the responses (last year . . . lol) and hello to you all.

Rog

Welcome from another old fart with a Dart. I too am re-living my younger days when I had a 73 Swinger (/ 6). I am having a blast with my 72!

Welcome fellow Michigander and A-Body owner, From up in Fowler.
My first dart was a 70 also. Last I new it was still around my old stomping grounds of Webberville. Man I wish I had it back.

Have fun with the 73.

-
Back