Milan Dragway August H-UP

-

ValiantS

Reaction score
The August race was not all fun and games...YES IT WAS but, the weather was pretty bad and the car slowed-down. I'm working on figuring out why currently. I did do a lot of mechanical since last month so, there might be something in that. I did some necessary detailing to the body and interior including installing the trans tunnel and dash pad (took some custom fab work). The alternator belt flipped on me and I found one machined mounting boss off-square which drew the pulley out of square when it was cranked-down. (fixed now but again machine work to fix) The intake and carbs came off to fix a leak and while it was off I swapped on some bigger squirters (which had machining burrs in the passages!!!) and 'nicer' accel pump arms. Also pulled some jet out because it was pretty rich last outing. I went into the MSD dig7 via lap-top and wrote a new program for spark and set the tbrake at 4700 (I think it's too low now) Lash was a few loose on two holes so, I'll see if it moved tonight. And since we got rained-out on Friday's test session I tucked the oil pan diaper up closer and that inspired me to make a chin belly-pan thinking it'd clean-up the aero. (It did divert some underhood air which caused the coolant temp to run higher but, I don't think it improved any performance from aero streamlining.)...it's all a work in progress. The best run was the first 8.66/155 and it slowed in rd 1 elims to 153. So, I'm pretty driven to find out why. Here are some pics. Team too was George Bednar, George Hite and Ryan Bednar L-2-R and I'm the monkey trying to stimulate the squirrel under the hoodscoop...

GGRaug.JPG

MEaug.JPG

I need to get down there this summer sometime... I work too much..

I can’t wait to see what you run this Fall in better air and track conditions. Better tighten those seat belts.

I can’t wait to see what you run this Fall in better air and track conditions. Better tighten those seat belts.
Let's hope so! Something weird happened between races and I haven't found anything conclusive but the lash and oil look good! I'm not just going off my old data to say this I shared data on a few other cars there.

-
Back