Mini tub Dart wheel sizes

-

Jason Holt

Reaction score
I have a 1967 Dodge Dart convertible. I'm in the process of mini tubbing with the usct Motorsports kit. I'm moving the springs in and have shortened the 8 3/4 to 48 1/2 inches. What wheel and tire combos are people running on their mini tub darts?

I had exactly the same 48 1/2 inches for an 8 3/4 in my 69 Dart which was mini tubbed with the springs relocated. I used 10 inch wheels with 325x50-15 tires 3.5 inch backspace. I found that 48 1/2 in my car caused the outside u - bolt to be up on the housing end almost on top of the weld. So when i changed to a Dana I made it slightly winder like 49. I now have 315x55-15 with plenty of room but had to move the wheel opening forward an inch.

The 68 dart I had I mini tubbed moved the springs in got a 15x10 wheel with a 5 in back spacing to fit. With a 325/50/15 drag radial Also if I remember right I had 3 inches taken off each end of the rear housing

11.25" wheels, 3.5 backspacing with M/T sportman pro 28x12.50's

Male sure you use adjustable front boxes.

I had a B-body housing shortened to A-body width, backbraced and trued by Moser. It was off quite a bit from the visible offset of the ends welded back onto the tubes.
Anyhow I currently have 15x10 (widened rally wheels with an 8" backspacing), and 295-50R15 tires. It's a bit too close on the inside, especially the left. The more usual 7.25" backspacing would allow 325, I think.

If you are thinking of getting a narrowed rear or having yours narrowed just go as far as you can for the wheels you want.

My dana from strange allows for 3.5" back spacing and the rear is as far as you can go with inboard leafs. The calipers just clear the leafs.

325 50 15's sounds like what fits. I will measure for back space as soon as the tubs are finished. Thanks for all the info everyone.

I chopped a c body housing down to the stock width of 52 5/8 and moser 28" axles
I did my own doggie dish rims 15x10 and 7.5 backspace
Home made 15 x 10 with 5 on 4 1/2 b.c. and dog dish hubcaps.

I run 325/50/15 nitto drag radials.

Plus my rear disc brakes dapters which also moves the wheels out about 1/4"
Rear disc Brakes on 8 3/4

Ok enough tooting my own horn
I have heard it is harder to mount the wheels when there is lots of back spacing. Have you found that to be true with your setup? I want to keep the same front spacing with the steel wheels to keep it somewhat stock looking

I have heard it is harder to mount the wheels when there is lots of back spacing. Have you found that to be true with your setup? I want to keep the same front spacing with the steel wheels to keep it somewhat stock looking
I have to jack the body up so the axle sags down to get the wheels mounted, but could also just be the size of the tires

-
Back