mini tub

-

Jed Billingsley

Reaction score
i have a 71 dart i wanna do the minitub to it i was wondering if sombody would tell me how wide and tall of tire and how wide of a wheel and what the back spacing has to be if anyone can help be greatly apreciated thanks

I run a 10 inch rim with a 3 3/8 backspace and a 29.5 10.5 tire.

Dartfromback.jpg

The length of your axle will determine backspace. Asking backspace and thinking you can put it in with a stock width A body rear is going to result in major disappointment. Try putting a 3.5 BS 10" wheel on a std width A body rear... NO CHANCE it fits. It will need around 7.5" bs.

You'll have about 14.5 inch of well to work with and unless you trim the front well edge or move the rear back some, you are around 28" max diameter.

Get your wheel/tire combo, put it in the well and measure your total axle width needed and cut it to that width.

Any one have info on a dart convertible mini tubs. I will also move the springs to the frame rails and use a stock axle. I assume I can run a 10 inch rim with the stock back spaceing. I want it to look like a stock rim just wider. What tire can i run? I was thinking a 325-50-15 MT tire. Does the convertible tub limit tire height . Do you loose much if the handling moving the springs. ??????

-
Back