Missing under load

-
Some of the problems the magnums have are,
Sucked in plate gaskets on the bottom of the intake causing a lean condition, test for vacuum in crank case with everything sealed and vacuum gauge on dipstick tube , should have pressure no vacuum .

Try disconnecting egr hose , they can pull open and cause problems

You could also be having a problem with the fuel pump module , they can go bad and register fine on a pressure test and suck air when the gas level is low and put air into the fuel rail and with it being a single line fuel system ,usually the air will make its way into the highest point of the fuel rail which is cylinder 1 and will show up as a misfire on that cylinder.

Weak coil , try a known good one.

Common for screens on injectors to plug up with debris ,rust etc. Inspect injector screen. Or plugged injectors, with a scan tool watch short fuel trims and oxygen sensors going lean during misfire.

Wiring for 2002 5.9 is showing full battery voltage from the asd relay. Are you using a ballast resistor .

Attachments

• 8115c332.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 161
When you replace the injectors, how do you get the air out of the fuel rails?
Let me back up a bit. The first thing I did was to take this car to the Dodge dealer and have the cam sensor synced. It made no difference. I replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. No help. I replaced the crank sensor and cam sensor. No help. I replaced the injectors and fuel rails. Fuel rails were full of rust. I was sure that would fix it. No help. Today I replaced the MAP sensor and it helped but it isn't consistent. After running it for a few miles, it began to run rough at idle. I reved it up to clear it and it didn't idle back down as it should. This thing is driving me crazy!!

-
Back