Mistake of sleeping in bed last two nights..........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Ribs are finally getting "better" I thought. And.........I knew this is "dangerous times" as feeling better but not fully healed = "easy" to re-injure

So last two nights I abandoned the recliner and slept in bed. Last night I ended up rolling over in a half-awake stupor. And now I am sorry. Back to the recliner!!! for tonight!!!

Just bought myself on of those power lift recliners, and it was delivered to me Wednesday.
Anticipate that I'll be living in that thing for quite awhile, when I'm back home recovering after heart surgery.
Take all the time you need in the recliner.
You sure do appreciate one of those things.

Good luck on that!!! On the other side a friend of mine from my home town had a busy successful life for DECADES after TWO open heart surgeries Lived to be 93..............1917--2010 (His wife lived to be 98!!)

"Norman Bolstad was born on July 13, 1917 on the Bolstad farm just north of Norwich, North Dakota. He was the twelfth of the 13 children of John L. and Inger (Emerson) Bolstad. He grew up around Norwich, working on the family farm until his graduation from high school.

It was the height of the depression and there was little work in Norwich, so he followed his older brother Clarence to Sandpoint. Norman did odd jobs around town and in the Palouse area before landing a job as a Forest Service barge operator on Priest Lake. He kept that job until he was drafted into the Army in 1941.

Upon completion of basic training, he was sent to radio school in Chicago and then to radar school in Florida. He was offered a teaching job at the school, but he requested overseas duty. He was assigned to the 564th SAW (Signal Air Warning) Battalion and sent to England. They went ashore in Europe a couple of weeks after D-Day and followed the fighting across France and into Germany.

In 1946 he was discharged from the 573th SAW battalion as a sergeant. Norman returned to Norwich and opened a welding shop and farm implement repair business.

While visiting in Sandpoint, he met Ruth Cunningham, and in November 1952, they were married. They bought the old Helmholtz farm on Pine Street and have lived there happily for the last 57 years.

During that time, Norman held various jobs around town including time at Patton and Anderson Garage, Cady and Pier, Pack River Mill and others. When he retired in 1978 he was the warehouseman at the Co-op.

Norman was a long-time member of VFW Post #2453 and served as chaplain and one term as post commander. He was a member of the VFW honor guard, serving in parades and at veterans’ funerals.

In retirement, he enjoyed repairing equipment for his friends and neighbors and operating his own vintage farm equipment.

-
Back