Model Pictures

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I snapped a few pictures of some of my Mopar related models. The pictures are so-so at best....<sorry!> I used my Xacti pocket camera instead of my old Sony Mavica, which is much better for detail shots. For what they're worth, some of my cars.

This is a Lindberg `64 Polara. 3 Weber 2 bbls,custom exhaust, plumbed and wired engine and chassis. Paint is pearl yellow with a beige interior.
MyModelCars032-vi.jpg

MyModelCars028-vi.jpg

MyModelCars003-vi.jpg

Here's an original AMT `64 Chrysler Imperial with a 4" top chop. Paint is basic black over a medium blue. Wheels are custom photo-etched & billet items. I was very pleased with this projects stance....
MyModelCars034-vi.jpg

MyModelCars033-vi.jpg

Hemi-powered drag bike appropiately named "Overkill". The frame is soldered brass tubing and the engine and brake systems are fully wired, plumbed, and detailed. This won me a best engineered trophy at a show.
MyModelCars018-vi.jpg

MyModelCars020-vi.jpg

This is a chopped late `70's Dodge pick-up. The bed is scratch-built from sheet plastic and the hood is reverse hinged. Power is a 440/6Bbl. Paint is Boyd's Ice Green pearl with a mint colored interior.
MyModelCars036-vi.jpg

MyModelCars037-vi.jpg

How about the Chrysler Atlantic as a convertible?
MyModelCars041-vi.jpg

Altered wheelbase `65 Plymouth
MyModelCars051-vi.jpg

Or maybe a V-6 fuel injected Hemi in a pro-street `27 BMW Dixie?
MyModelCars047-vi.jpg

Hemi-powered `40 Ford sedan delivery
MyModelCars054-vi.jpg

This is a `32 Ford Vicky sporting a cross-rammed 413. This was a full-on high detail build that earned me a few shots in various model magazines and some trophies. The mile-deep paint is clear coat over flat flourenscent orange. Easiest paint job I ever did...

MyModelCars021-vi.jpg

MyModelCars023-vi.jpg

I also like doing goofy small imports.... they look downright comical when slammed, painted, and stuffed full of tire.
MyModelCars043-vi.jpg

Metallic red with a white interior works well on the Hemi powered `69 Dart. I built this before the `68 kit was availiable. This was one of my most intense full detail builds that got me trophies and magazine coverage again.
MyModelCars049-vi.jpg

The hood pins are made from sewing needles and very fine wire for the clips and lanyards. Yes, they work....
MyModelCars048-vi.jpg

MyModelCars050-vi.jpg

I included this one just because it's one of my favorites. It's a 4.2 liter Jaguar straight six in a `27 Ford T bucket that's been converted to right hand drive. This one was a full detail project that was featured in the final issue of the old Plastic Fanatic magazine, that eventually morphed into Model Cars.
Magazine. This was the only car I ever built that got featured.
MyModelCars056-vi.jpg

MyModelCars055-vi.jpg

MyModelCars058-vi.jpg

Ever since I met Amy and we moved into a smallish Co-Op I haven't been building. We're in the process of looking for a new place to live and a hobby room/area is on the must-have list. I really miss building....

I wish I had that kind of talent;
this is an old AMT ford courier I modified into a Mazda P.U..
112ha1l.jpg

This is my REAL daily driver '81 Courier with a Mazda front clip.
2uop8va.jpg

yeah I know it's not a mopar... but its the current project anyway and I was proud on the paint. After seeing you paintjobs I just wanted to share one of mine =) My first custom paint job ever. masking was tough =(

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

Nice models!

This is a '67 GTX model my brother built. We added grain o rice bulbs to the head lights, tail lights and to the dome light. The model was painted with a Paasch hobby air gun.

DSCN1929.JPG

DSCN1930.JPG

DSCN1933.JPG

DSCN1934.JPG

Here's a guy that is truly off his rocker.

"There are few if any models in the world to rival the Ferrari 312PB built by Pierre Scerri of Avignon, France. This 1:3 scale marvel is the real thing in every sense, from its operating 12-cylinder engine to the exact scale operating Ferrari gauges which are calibrated precisely to indicate rpm, oil pressure, water temperature and oil temperature.

It took Pierre 15 years and more than 20,000 hours to build this car. He learned to make glass so he could make the exact pattern lens for the operating headlights. He learned to make rubber so he could mold his own tires. His computer mainframe design background with the French telecommunications system allowed him to duplicate the Ferrari electronics system in exact miniature. It also provided him with the understanding needed to make a 1/3 scale operating fuel injection system identical to that in the full-size Ferrari.

Perhaps the toughest aspect of the car was the gearbox, for which Ferrari supplied drawings. While Pierre had an understanding of the object to be built, he lacked the very expensive specialized equipment required to build high-tolerance gears and synchros. Colleti, the builder of the full-size car&#8217;s gearbox ended up building the model&#8217;s gearbox."

Check out his video and further information:
http://www.fineartmodels.com/pages/product.asp?content_area=6&sub_area=139&product_area=139

Here's a guy that is truly off his rocker.

"There are few if any models in the world to rival the Ferrari 312PB built by Pierre Scerri of Avignon, France. This 1:3 scale marvel is the real thing in every sense, from its operating 12-cylinder engine to the exact scale operating Ferrari gauges which are calibrated precisely to indicate rpm, oil pressure, water temperature and oil temperature.

It took Pierre 15 years and more than 20,000 hours to build this car. He learned to make glass so he could make the exact pattern lens for the operating headlights. He learned to make rubber so he could mold his own tires. His computer mainframe design background with the French telecommunications system allowed him to duplicate the Ferrari electronics system in exact miniature. It also provided him with the understanding needed to make a 1/3 scale operating fuel injection system identical to that in the full-size Ferrari.

Perhaps the toughest aspect of the car was the gearbox, for which Ferrari supplied drawings. While Pierre had an understanding of the object to be built, he lacked the very expensive specialized equipment required to build high-tolerance gears and synchros. Colleti, the builder of the full-size car’s gearbox ended up building the model’s gearbox."

Check out his video and further information:
http://www.fineartmodels.com/pages/product.asp?content_area=6&sub_area=139&product_area=139

yeah I dont think anyone else will EVER match that guy, rofl

-
Back