mom hospital

-

moe7404

moe7404
Reaction score
mom was in the hospital from may 29 to june 5. she is home now. her alzheimers is in the advanced stages. she can still remember my name. and things from the past but nothing recent. we have hospices coming out to help. but this one will let mom see a doctor if needed. my very best friend Melody has been helping with mom since last nov. and has a very big job now. i couldnt do this with out her.

Sorry to hear; we went thru this with my dad two years ago. It's tough to see them go thru that kind of thing. Fortunately for the parent with dementia, they aren't fully aware of the situation.

By the time Dad was diagnosed, he lived for only 6 more weeks. Doctors said most Alzheimer's patients live for about 10 years with the disease. Dad went fast. That's a mixed emotion; maybe even somewhat of a blessing. Mom is absolutely amazing, the way she dealt with the situation. She never left his side. When Hospice came in with the hospital bed to set up in the living room, mom slept on the sofa right next to him. This lasted for about a month. I'm crying right now. Damn.

YES i never thought i could cry this much. my very best friend melody has worked 'care home' and in home care so long she never cry's. but her dedication to my mom is way more than most people could do. moms Alzheimer's was diagnosed back in 8 th mo last year. but melody had seen it coming for about 2 years. i had moved in to moms house in june last year. melody moved in nov last year. and to take care of mom we have done every thing a married couple does, bank, food, lawyers, car shop, and every thing eles. and we still like each other. BUT go to bed or take shower together. i have never touched below the shoulders or seen her with no clothes. and we both like it that way. at first i called her my angel, and she called me her Teddy Bear, now i have given her the title The Angel Melody. she is 49 and could pass for 32 in a hart beat. and iam 66. i told her if God let me make my own daughter she would be just like The Angel Melody. i never thought a best friend could be so great. i could not do this with out my best friend.

There are rare people like Melody, who feel called to help the old and sick.

It is good to see people whose friendship is not defined by outside influences, who follow their own instincts, and add meaning to each other's lives. True friend-ship is rare to find.

Your Mom must be very special.

thanks guys that means a lot to me. if it was not for my best friend this would be way to hard.

my mother had that disease about 8 years. I could not stand to see it when it got bad. some relatives think hard of me but I could not deal with it. my x wife was close to her and she would visit often. mom didn't even know who I was for years. it is the saddest thing. I feel for anyone that has to deal with it, and hopefully the good Lord can give strength.

-
Back