Monroe Swapmeet!!!!

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Who's going? Nice weather = good turnout for vendors. Im going out Saturday morning around 7:30-8am.

JR...I was there this morning at opening time...stayed til around 4, then had to leave to hi-tail it to the ferry home. I did post a message in the "Events" section...guess you didnt see it.

WHEW, was it HOT!!! Probably spent more on pop/water than I did on parts! Did you see the guy with the '71 B-Body Dana for sale. He wouldn't even tell me how much he wanted for it. I guess I looked like a homeless person with no money!..Hehehe. Anyway, great turnout...lotsa buyers...not sure how much stuff got sold though...saw lots of empty hands/carts.

Cheers...

I went with Ross (res1vw21 ) in my dart. We got there around 10am walked the whole thing. He got a set of real nice dart tail lights, a windshield gasket and a grill for his duster (he left the free dart door there thank god).

I got the 390 Holley carb I have been looking for, the guy wanted $40 for it and I got it for $25. It was rebuilt by the factory, never ran and still had the rebuild tag on it. Im picking up an electric choke kit for it tomorrow.

100_0868.jpg

100_0869.jpg

100_0870.jpg

I got a transmission cover for the floor board in my 53 Mercury pick up for 2 bucks.
100_0871.jpg

and then there is the $40 helmet...I got it mainly because it is the same color of metalflake that I want my 53 Merc to be, and because it is friggin cool!

100_0866.jpg

100_0867.jpg

100_0863.jpg

100_0864.jpg

100_0865.jpg

All I know is right now I am one crispy s.o.b. my arms are lobster red. I always get sunburned at car shows and swapmeets, you would think I would learn. This is me after a 2 day drunken car show last year...

DSC04794.jpg

naw The guy did try to sell me the edelbrock one because I was wearing my edelbrock shirt. I also got a pair of cutouts for 5 bucks that I have no idea if I can use. but hey I spent 40 bucks for everything so I am happy. I want that door though... its got good glass but I don't have any use for it. o well

-
Back