Mopar Eastern Classic, MIR, Saturday, Oct. 31, MD

-
The weather is looking good for this event. Partly sunny and in the 70's. See you there! :-D

So far I still plan on being there,but it does depend on the weather for me.

I will be there regardless of weather! (I live about 10 minutes away). I will be racing two classes so I doubt I get to se much of the car show or swap meet.

Bob

Well, I made the trip up from the Beach with my Dad and brother. Mother Nature made a mess of things but it was nice to meet j-miller and Sublime Green there. Saw some really nice cars despite the weather.

We'll probably make the trip again on the 14th. My cousin lives 10 miles from the raceway so I think we'll call her first next time instead of trusting the weatherman.

Yeah it neat b.s.ing with both you and sublime green on Saturday. Too bad the weather wasn't nice. My brother live's about 6 miles from the track also. He's not going to come along with me on the 14th,so the track owner says we can use our ticket stubs next year,which we might do instead.

John

Well I guess the third try at this event is a charm!

I went today, used my unused tech card for Street ET and then entered in the Mod ET. I had raced two classes at the MOPAR Madness race in VMP with pretty good results, so I had to try it again.

I went to the second round in MOD ET and lost in the quarter finals in Street ET (just like last year!).

The car went 11.92 at 111.96 mph, stayed in the 11.90's all through eliminations, I guess the big hood scoop is worth a few tenth's on my car.

Anyway we had great weather, but there was a smaller car count when compared to last year. I suppose the event being postponed twice and it being late November had something to do about that.

All in all a great event, I took pictures of most of the old cars at the car show. I will try to post the car **** in a later post.

Bob

Wish I could have gone. I had off the first two Saturdays but had to work today. Sucks. Hope they have it next year.

Just got home from MIR,and came home with a trophy in the car show. I'll also post pics too.

John

-
Back