Mopar Junkyard

-

matthon

Reaction score
My brother keeps canceling our trip to the local Mopar yard and I really want to go before the weeds grow in like crazy.

Is there anyone in the NY/MA area that would like to go possibly next Saturday?

The guy is a really great dude, although he has a hard time selling anything.

Last year he asked me to make a list of what I needed, and then go out and try to find everything somewhere else- then come back.

I spent a whole day there and he showed us all around- but he wouldn't let me go out in the yard by myself. A few people who showed up he let go, and some he let go but they had to leave their tools behind.

At the end of the day I totally understood:

2.JPG

8.JPG

24.JPG

31.JPG

I'd be interested in knowing where this is for future trips

Greenwich, near Saratoga.
I know exactly where it is, but I do not have an address.
I can get it though.

He is cautious, for lack of a better word. He doesn't trust people because he thinks some want to take advantage of him and his stuff just to make a buck selling it after they get it from him. In his mind it is a collection, not a junkyard, and eventually he could use the parts for his own cars- he has roughly 200 running, driving, cars in barns, carports, etc- alot of them with plates on them.
He has specific things for sale, but these are mostly running cars.

Bottom line, he didn't want me running around his yard without knowing specifically what I wanted, and that I had some understanding of what it would cost to buy new or used.

It may sound crazy, but if you met him you would understand.

I would get a list and then get prices from here as to what you could expect to pay. Then take him your "PRICE LIST". Maybe he would sell then?

Yeah, he would. I know a few people that haven't had any issues buying stuff from him, but it seems the older the parts, the harder it is for him to part with them- pun intended.
He is a hardcore Mopar fan and has spent his life gathering everything and anything Mopar, and doesn't see it as a junkyard. As he put it, "It's not a junkyard, there aren't any Chevys in it."

29.JPG

30.JPG

27.JPG

28.JPG

25.JPG

-
Back