Mopar KH Caliper vs Mustang KH Caliper

-

69cudaownr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, the drivers side Mopar KH caliper has now come close to extinction. There are some passenger side still available. But I see the 65-66 Mustang KH calipers are almost identical, save and except the means to install the flex hose. Those calipers are readily available and almost half the price.
Has anyone tried this part swap?

There's a whole blub on this if you search "mustang calipers"

So, the drivers side Mopar KH caliper has now come close to extinction. There are some passenger side still available. But I see the 65-66 Mustang KH calipers are almost identical, save and except the means to install the flex hose. Those calipers are readily available and almost half the price.
Has anyone tried this part swap?
Haven't personally done that changeover, but it easily can be done, using the Ford Mustang Kelsey Hayes disc brake caliper, and brake hose, from the caliper, to the inner fender well of the car.
65-66 Mustangs use a hose with a 3/8 diameter threaded hose to the body of the caliper, and 67 Mustangs use a 7/16 threaded hose to the caliper body.
Use a Mustang caliper, with the appropriate hose, for the year of the caliper to be used.

Well, looks like i replied from the posting from 2 years ago, in the link the other member provided.
So read, go through that one, for further description.
hemi71x

Yes, I had to do this on my car. Basically the same caliper, I just plumbed it free style. Looks like I used mopar flex on both sides. Just made a hard line to feed the other half of the caliper.
I had to use the mustang caliper on the passenger side. I couldn't find a passenger side mopar at the time..

Thanks to all. I just found Raybestos for both sides in Canada. I did a bunch of research on the Mopar and the 67 Mustang versions. They are the same other than the flex hose connection and the Mustang ones are $30 cheaper each.

Well then, since your already in Canada, it's a no brainier, purchasing them from a company up there in your part of the world.

Thanks to all. I just found Raybestos for both sides in Canada. I did a bunch of research on the Mopar and the 67 Mustang versions. They are the same other than the flex hose connection and the Mustang ones are $30 cheaper each.
I got mine from carid.com, best price they even sent a return shipping label for the core and returned the core charge, also beware I found that they are all boxed wrong if you order the driver side you will get the passenger side and vise verse.

I got mine from carid.com, best price they even sent a return shipping label for the core and returned the core charge, also beware I found that they are all boxed wrong if you order the driver side you will get the passenger side and vise verse.
That would be because the factory mount location for the calipers, is towards the REAR of the vehicle.
And most likely the rebuilders, and then the sellers, are incorrectly thinking they mounted forward.

-
Back