Mopar racer Nick Bowman doubles up

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Off the foot he won the no box class on both fridays and Saturdays race at Keystone. He then joined the box side and won 4000.00 on Friday and 10,000.00 today. Due to low car count they are running two races today so he has another chance at 4000.00 plus the bonus for winning the no box side. Race is in MotorMania for those interested.

IMG_3789.jpeg

IMG_3787.jpeg

IMG_3786.jpeg

IMG_3785.jpeg

IMG_3784.jpeg

IMG_3783.jpeg

IMG_3689.jpeg

Here’s Nicks Dad Tim doing his thing. He only ran the first race and went out 4th round very deep into the no box side.

IMG_3782.jpeg

Nick is a bad dude. Absolutely one of the best there is in this sport. He fears no one.

His powerglide came out a few weeks ago on a Sunday and he wanted it gone through. Got it apart that day, inspected, and parts were ordered the following day. By Wednesday, got the transmission re-assembled and ready to be re-installed in the car. He then parks it in the winner circle this weekend.

Nick is a bad dude. Absolutely one of the best there is in this sport. He fears no one.

His powerglide came out a few weeks ago on a Sunday and he wanted it gone through. Got it apart that day, inspected, and parts were ordered the following day. By Wednesday, got the transmission re-assembled and ready to be re-installed in the car. He then parks it in the winner circle this weekend.
If he's gonna do it, might as well do it like that lol.
Pretty cool !

I drive stick cars so pardon the stupidity here.

If I have this correct, the “box” delays the trans brake from releasing. What I can’t figure is, at some point you still have to have the timing down to get the box to release when you want it to. So if you tell the box to delay xx, there is still a reaction time no? How does this help? Why not just release the trans brake on the third yellow?

Again, just learning.

I drive stick cars so pardon the stupidity here.

If I have this correct, the “box” delays the trans brake from releasing. What I can’t figure is, at some point you still have to have the timing down to get the box to release when you want it to. So if you tell the box to delay xx, there is still a reaction time no? How does this help? Why not just release the trans brake on the third yellow?

Again, just learning.

If I footbrake or let go of a transbrake when the third yellow comes on I’m red because my car leaves pretty hard. Letting go when the very top bulb lites at keystone I have 1.045 delay in the box. At Dragway 42 I put 1.067 in and at Norwalk because of the fiber optic wiring I have 1.075 in the box. After I leave go of the button my car will go to 4200 on the 2 step then flash to 5760 when the transbrake let’s go. Some guys have a second button that they can hit to bump down the delay if they think they missed the tree. I don’t play that game.

Off the foot he won the no box class on both fridays and Saturdays race at Keystone. He then joined the box side and won 4000.00 on Friday and 10,000.00 today. Due to low car count they are running two races today so he has another chance at 4000.00 plus the bonus for winning the no box side. Race is in MotorMania for those interested.

View attachment 1716281940

View attachment 1716281941

View attachment 1716281942

View attachment 1716281943

View attachment 1716281944

View attachment 1716281945

View attachment 1716281946
Woo Hoo! Rock on!

Ok I was corrected once again by Nicks Father. Nick is now using a transbrake and leaving off the bottom bulb. He was a deep stager using footbrake but I don’t know if he is going deep with the transbrake or not. I put a long throw button in my duster a couple years ago when I was going to try Norwalks bottom bulb race but they canceled the race because of low entry numbers so I never hooked it up. That would give me enough delay to go off the bottom and not redlite. I didn’t want to mess with shock settings each time I went back and forth. I should hook it up while I’m doing some rewiring this week.

Ok I was corrected once again by Nicks Father. Nick is now using a transbrake and leaving off the bottom bulb. He was a deep stager using footbrake but I don’t know if he is going deep with the transbrake or not. I put a long throw button in my duster a couple years ago when I was going to try Norwalks bottom bulb race but they canceled the race because of low entry numbers so I never hooked it up. That would give me enough delay to go off the bottom and not redlite. I didn’t want to mess with shock settings each time I went back and forth. I should hook it up while I’m doing some rewiring this week.

He is going deep and using transbrake off the bottom. He does have one of those buttons that are adjustable. I am like you John, I couldn’t let go off the bottom. Mentally I can’t do it, it’s either footbrake, or top bulb for me. Trans brake on the bottom just isn’t something I even have tried.

-
Back