mopar sound

-
the sound depends on wich kind of sound you want, but a dual 2½" system with some kind of chambered mufflers usuly sound good, where i work we mainly sell flowtech mufflers and they sound pretty good, especialy the afterburner mufflers. you could try surf to diferent muffler manufacturers websites and listen to the sound of diferent mufflers..

It depends on how you define 'coolest sound'. My Dart has 2-1/2" pipes, a pair of Summit turbo mufflers and turndowns in front of the axle. Simple and cheap, yet effective. It does tend to resonate a bit at idle if you are not moving more than 5mph or so. And it tends to set off car alarms in the parking garage. But otherwise, I think it sounds pretty good for a 318. :)

sweet. yeah, I just got into dodge, and I heard from him that the low mopar idle is espcially cool. so I thought I'd try to bring that out the most. when my toast six was in my car, I just said **** it and took the muffler off to louden things up, but the sound it made was terrible, it still sounded slow, and I just can't have that. 2 1/4 is standard for stock manifolds right?

the size of the manifold outlets are diferent on alot of diferent manifolds, but if you go with 2½" dual system with some kind of chambered mufflers it will sound bigger at idle, the pipesize makes a diferense and the bigger pipes the "bigger" the sound will be;) but there is no way you will need more than a dual 2½" unless that 318 is making alot more power than most of them do, not to put Gotdart down but i dont like turndowns alot they can make added resonace inside the car and if the floor of the car is not in perfect shape you may endup with more exhaust fumes inside the car, and having the tailpipes routed all the way out back can with a nice set of tips on the tailpies make a diference in the aperence of the car bigger than most believe.. if there is anything more just keep on asking:)

I heard my 340 orangedust running last week for the first time
since I moved it to Minnesota last year. I had a mopar guru,
install 2 1/2 inch Raven mufflers, with same diameter tailpipes,
straight out the back. It sounds great and I still kept the
original exhaust manifolds, and exhaust all the way to the mufflers.

I also had him cap off the heat riser with a plate.
The first original part I removed off the car. Oh, well.

-
Back