Mopar vin number font size

-

nick455440

Reaction score
Not sure if this would be more interior related or general, long story short I have a 70 dart that has been restored, titled, and tagged in my name for 17 years. During restoration the original dash (that was hacked up from a radio install) was replaced, when the new dash was installed the original vin was thrown out with the old dash. The DMV said they can issue a sticker but really don't want to go that rout, wanting to buy a kit they sell to make a replacement vin, just needing to know what size lettering was used on vins, there is a 1/4, 1/8, and a 3/8 lettering kit, any info is appreciated, thanks

I've never heard of a kit to make a VIN plate....

The items you describe, and your use of them, even for legitimate reasons, are definitely illegal on the federal level.

Additionally, vin plates are stamped, not stenciled or adhesive letters of any kind. The use of such will draw attention to the issue, not hide it.

ECS Automotive sells the rub transfer for the Chrysler VIN plate logo as well as the rivets-no-one makes a blank/replacement VIN plate. You can purchase reverse die stamps from any tool place to "stamp" raised metal data plates, VIN's etc. Its only illegal if the VIN you are attaching is attempting to deceive. In Florida the DMV stated similar as the initial post above-They will issue a replacement sticker showing it was inspected and Title/VIN match but will not issue a replacement VIN plate. Two different people at the DMV actually told me if I really wanted the metal VIN plate in the dash for cosmetic purposes etc, I would need to make one. This sounded completely off base but was told as long as the VIN on the frame, door jam, title, and VIN all match then there is nothing illegal about it. Thoughts?

"Throwing away" the original VIN if that's what happened, was not real smart. If you can come up with the body numbers and have a legit title for that car in your name, The DMV is the only legal way. ONLY legal way

-
Back