More good news for the ford guys

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And their facebook reply about small block Mopars.

IMG_4646.jpeg

IMG_4645.jpeg

IMG_4648.jpeg

Ford windsor motors have always been hurtin for some good heads.

What does @pittsburghracer (or others) say about the intake/exhaust flow ratio (roughly 67%)? Maybe with that much intake flow that's ok?

I've always believed that in a NA engine, "ya can't eat if ya can't poop" so even though you have high pressure exhaust leaving, something in the 75% ratio ("more is better") is a good target.

What does @pittsburghracer (or others) say about the intake/exhaust flow ratio (roughly 67%)? Maybe with that much intake flow that's ok?

I've always believed that in a NA engine, "ya can't eat if ya can't poop" so even though you have high pressure exhaust leaving, something in the 75% ratio ("more is better") is a good target.

I’ll add my two cents. If you remember about any of my porting posts I worry as per Darren Morgan’s suggestion to worry more about port speed than port flow. When shops give exhaust flow numbers some shops use a pipe, and some don’t. I’ve seen a pipe add 30cfm.

To a point as long as velocity is still high more is better.

-
Back