Motor Mounts... UGh!

-

Panther68

Reaction score
I am finally getting to put my motor in and I opened that box for my motor mount and I got really concerned. The directions that came with the kit were mixed up, and then it seemed like engine bracket for the driver's side did not even fit... just a big old mess. Please note that I have a slant six K member and the transdapt mounts to put the small block in. Now, I also have the engine brackets from when I bought the small block to match a small block K member. My questions are what is the difference between the various small block engine brackets and how do they mount up to the ears of the block? They either have to go on one side or the other obviously. And, how do you tell which bracket goes to which side?

P.S. Take it easy on me if it is an obvious answer... I am new at this!:???:

they always go to the REAR of the ears. post a pic of the mounts, then it can be figured out which is which.

what car?
my 74 duster ones took me 2 tries lol! have you used a press to install them?

PS hey a fellow santa cruzer, well at hart

what car?
my 74 duster ones took me 2 tries lol! have you used a press to install them?

PS hey a fellow santa cruzer, well at hart

I HAVE A 68 DART. NO PRESS! JUST BOLT UP STYLE, "SANDWICH STYLE."

TO ALL:
I AM THINKING THAT I MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN THE 340/360 MOUNTS, WHICH WENT NARROWER WITH THE EARS ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN USE THE STOCK DRIVER'S SIDE BRACKETS TO BOLT THE 273 TO THE /6 K MEMBER (SINCE I READ THAT THE K MEMBERS ON THE DRIVERS SIDE FOR BOTH THE SMALL BLOCK AND /6 SHOULD BE IDENTICAL)?

If you're not in a hurry, you can sell the driver's side bracket and get the correct one easily for less money.

Heck, I've got the right one and would trade you.

-
Back