Mounting Fader Switch for Rear Speaker

-

BeachCity

Reaction score
I'm interested in installing a factory rear-speaker and fader switch in my 72 Dodge Swinger. The car has a factory am/fm radio. Does anyone have an optional rear speaker already in their car and where is the fader switchwith the bezel that says "speaker" actually mounted? Also, I hearing that this fader switch was for only one speaker, correct? Thanks!

Best I can recall it mounts on the lower edge of the dash 3-4 inches to the left of the knee-knocker A/C registers. (Memory is fuzzy here, parts manual not a help either.)

You're right, there was only one speaker in the rear with the factory AM/FM. It mounted in the passenger's side cut-out in the package shelf in the rear.

FYI: The AM radio was rated at 2 watts (peak), but the AM/FM was rated at 5½ watts. No stereo radios offered from the factory for the A-bomb in 1972.

My first 67 had a reverb unti added to the AM only. I dont remeber where that knob was located exactly. I wanna say right of the radio but not as far as where 68 has a lighter well. Wife agrees that sounds right but not 100% sure either.
The music had a semi concert hall sound but the spoken word sounded like voice from head in a box. LOL
I do remember throwing it away , wiring harness and all.
DOH !

-
Back