Moving Sucks

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
Well i took alittle look at my kits today ....... Crap what i looked at is a mess . Only one kit that MADE the move some what in One peace . Its not even one of mine that i done . Its the 66 cuda i got from bad440 . the rest of them are trashed . Im going to try to redo them but damn i dont even know where to start . All my parts are (parts box ) are not in the shape i left them . So every thing is messed up . this is going to take along time ....... damn . :banghead:

Carefully packing, storing and taking care of breakable items is a very important issue when moving. If you don't it will bite you in the rear end every time.

Look at it this way.. You now have a project to work on when you are bored or the weather is crappy.

LOL 1st move and thats the only thing that happend lol . Some one (Not namein names) Droped the box after that nameless guy made a trip with just them to keep them safe lol .

Asa, I'm sorry to hear it man! You know whats worse then moving? A DAMNED house fire! Took about 20 years worth of model collecting from me about 4 years ago!

I feel yer pain man, it does suck to look and think what you once had or built!

Asa, I'm sorry to hear it man! You know whats worse then moving? A DAMNED house fire! Took about 20 years worth of model collecting from me about 4 years ago!

I feel yer pain man, it does suck to look and think what you once had or built!

Oh wow hell I feel like a dum *** for bitching . that really sucks .

Asa,
don't worry man, I'm over it, know why? I'm collecting again! I stopped and just could not get them all from my home place, and it caught fire as I said 4 years ago. some models I'll never get again, but the fun is looking to replace just a few.....Even if it takes another 20 years just to get "some" its all part of the fun!

Sad loss, sure, but, my "hobby" at that time wasn't model cars so, I left 'em and my Mom said they'd me there when I had a chance to get them (I moved 700 miles away!) so.....Sadly she passed and a year later the house caughtfire from something, and poof all up in smoke, sadly, no insurance was on the house at the time so. No claim could have been made to regain any loss.....Sad, but what do ya do? Look forward and press on....

Seriously man, don't feel bad, **** happens in life and at times ain't a single one thing anyone of us can do to change it, this is a good example, live for now, not the past! ENJOY it. RELIVE building those and, restore those models and enjoy it a second time!

well i thought you would get a kick outta just some of the mess im dealing with . like i said none of them made it . lol

Attachments

• 153_1160.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 153_1159.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 153_1158.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 237
Thats what it is now lol Im still digging though them I have not even got to the hot rods yet

Ok ive got most of the bodies sorted out . My 68 dart and the duster are missing the most parts .

Attachments

• 153_1162.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 153_1163.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 238
Ok well i started on one of them . the red chevy truck . Im missing the hood chrome and the tail gate . but i never did put the tail gate on ( The way i wanted it lol ) Im also missing the roof peace . I did this one 4 years ago lol

Attachments

• 153_1166.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 229
well that's a start. with winter setting in you'll have plenty of time to fix'em up.

Asa,
Whats your plans tho? I might be interested if you decide to "scrap" 'em! Let me know!

well that's a start. with winter setting in you'll have plenty of time to fix'em up.
hell with winter lol Im starting now .

Asa,
Whats your plans tho? I might be interested if you decide to "scrap" 'em! Let me know!
I dont see me scraping them . I may have one or 2 pending on what if any parts are missing . some of them was gifts so i gotta redo them .

I'm moving too. Yes it sucks. Sorry about the models Asa.
You sir need to pm me lol I aint got a pm in along time . how the hell are you

Asa,
Its all good, I thought. you know I'm a model building nut so.....You still need the LRW decals, right? LOL PARTS? we'll trade, if you NEED parts, let em know, I'm making ALL SORTS of Mopar engine and transmission parts, (I've got complete molded slant 6's now!)

So, let me know if an what you might need!

Ya we going to be talking sooner or later bout parts . I did find my slanty i told ya bout . (alittle late lol )

nahhh I don't recall seeing that you found yours....I got 2 different versions of it now that I molded actually, one from a Dodge "Deora" show truck model ,and the other was from a friend that picked up either the Lindberg '64 Plymouth Belvedere, OR the Lindberg '64 Dodge 330....just to make it a race car so naturally used the big block for the car, and sent off the slanty to me...I owe him a Hemi now but thats all good! I've got spares!

Anyway, let me know what and when you need parts, I'm molding all sorts of Mopar stuff (strictly) so.... I got all sorts of Hemi valve covers done and now I'm working on intakes for the RB blocks as well as the Hemi, (2 separate Hemi models, one is 1/24th and the other is 1/25th BUT only the 1/24th has no choices of valve covers, the 1/25th has a few choices of "look" to them, including Aluminum "Mopar HEMI" ones that has that in raised letters on the casting I've done!

I have yet to get pictures of all of it as the numbers are staggering right now, (I'm still sorting and organizing it all!)

sorting and organizing is what im doing . so far i know i will need some body parts . what i dont know yet i know im going to need some daytona charger stuff (winged car) As soon as i find it i will know lol . I know my dusters going to need some stuff too . so will my satty . My 71 charger my need some too . Im working on it now . tryin to find every thing . I know my slanty is missing the belts and the fan . what i got to trade i have no clue yet . I have to get my cars togather 1st lol

-
Back