davescuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Contact seller
GSS Mr Norms 340 Tri Power Air Cleaner
In great shrap even has the drains they are always missing, need a little paint.
500.00 plus shipping

36319A74-71B7-43F1-B76B-D7E007E112F8.jpeg

29AEE5C0-B142-4850-B2C5-41843B52A7C1.jpeg

3E425F40-BB01-4D03-B542-7FDEF924EDB4.jpeg

A2E713FE-2D9C-43E2-89AC-796C5500C2C0.jpeg

C9065A58-72EF-467D-96DE-39D4DA481A6D.jpeg

They are original, most of these air cleaners are missing them. I am sure they are there to keep any water, moisture out. Mr Norms had some reason like that, I am sure.

Actually, they are for PCV. Designed originally for Corvette, and Mr Norm bought these, so he had no engineering costs. This air cleaner cleared the underhood braces on a A-body. Without any modifications, you can have PCV hose come from either side, and plug other side.
Incedently, when installed on a Mopar, the TriPower letters are backwards. These were designed for the Corvette, which had hoods that were hinged in the front, opened from the rear. When the hood was open, you couldnt see/read the letters standing in front of the Vette. That's why the offset wording on the Mopar 6 packs, sits backwards for the letters...

Last edited:
They drain water ive had 2 of these N.O.S with the Seagal air filter which is obsolete
Ok, just curious. How does the water get into the area where the DRAINS are? I have mine in front of me. The scoops on the hood are on the sides of it? The tilt of the engine would not let the WATER drain out the side, it would go/drain out the back when sitting, and when taking off. I believe you are wrong.
They drain water ive had 2 of these N.O.S with the Seagal air filter which is obsolete
If these were for water drains, they would be on the back of the housing, not the sides. It would work with the engine sitting, and taking off from a stop. They will not drain anything from the side. Looking for the paperwork that was included with housing, adaptors, bolts, and filter I bought in factory box with Segal Sticker.(NOS) If I remember correctly, it has pics and directions for hooking it up to your PCV!
If you have yours from your 2 you own(ed), please post them! Will take me at earliest the weekend, before I can dig thru all of my documentation/junk to find it. For that matter, anyone with 1 in a factory package, can you provide picture of any documentation with it? To be continued...

I don’t care if they are drains or for PCV. they are original to the air cleaner. if you are interested let me know. if not Mods please delete all the comments.
thanks

Really they are nether, It goes to the crankcase breather. The PCV goes to the carb base. There is no water drain.

Actually, they are for PCV. Designed originally for Corvette, and Mr Norm bought these, so he had no engineering costs. This air cleaner cleared the underhood braces on a A-body. Without any modifications, you can have PCV hose come from either side, and plug other side.
Incedently, when installed on a Mopar, the TriPower letters are backwards. These were designed for the Corvette, which had hoods that were hinged in the front, opened from the rear. When the hood was open, you couldnt see/read the letters standing in front of the Vette. That's why the offset wording on the Mopar 6 packs, sits backwards for the letters...
But the 440 fits ? Haha

20191203_103957.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back