-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRL Performance

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Well this has been in the works for some time now and I finally have a set of "prototypes". These are custom made and are designed to work well with a main girdle.

When you get a SBM main girdle, you have to do a lot of shimming. And there is a way to install them by milling the bottoms of the caps to make them all flat and even. This gives the girdle a "pad" to sit on the cap directly. I have done quite a few of these, and never really liked the way the whole thing works. But its better than just the stock caps alone.

I dont much care for the main caps that are out there for the SBM, so I designed a set of my own.

They are made from 4140 steel, have a tight fit to the stud(stock caps are sloppy at best), and have a much larger contact pad for the girdle. They are also custom made. If you have a register in the block that is larger than normal, or if you need to have the register cleaned up on the Mill. We can make them to fit your block.

This setup will make a stock block jump into the higher rpm/hp range without going to a $3000+ MP or Ritter block. No, this will not make your block as strong as those blocks, but its a good in-between option. Add 4" of Hard Block and you will good for 700hp, or more if you keep the tune good(No detonation). Light rotating assemblies and a good rod ratio help push the stock blocks to these higher power levels.

I will get pricing on here if there is some real interest in this. We plan on selling just the first 4 caps and a cap/girdle combo with studs.

As of now, I only have the 360’s done. 318/340 Coming Soon!

Don’t forget to sign up on our web site for our Tech News Letters. More good stuff coming!
:burnout:

www.mrlperformance.com

Attachments

• old vs new.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 690
  • girdle installed.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 732
  • girdle contact pad.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 582
I hope to be able to sell the caps for $500 and the caps w/girlde kit for $775. Pricing is not set in stone as of yet. There will not be much mark-up in them, as I want to sell these to you guys, to help make your SBM as strong as it can be, not be a millionaire.

These are Made In The USA, by a local shop with a CNC machine. Even the Steel is made right here in Jackson, Michigan. No over seas junk steel or workmanship.

Like I said, I have the 360's done and will have the 318/340's done soon.

I need to sell 5 sets before I can make a full run. As of right now, I have orders for 3. Only the 360's for now. 318/340's coming Soon!

Do you have any test data on how much more load these can take versus the stock setup and the older version for the cradle? I'm sure that they can take more load, the question is how much more?

4140 steel vs cast iron. Its really no comparison. This is what Pro Gram makes their caps from. The only thing with more tensile strength is Titanium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back