Hey guys n girls
Have 72 Duster 340 Still has orignal
exhaust on it.Looking to but new on.
Still want that factory sound, anyone
know whats out there or if any stock
ones are left out there.
Know I will get some answers.
Thanks AJ

ipc/huth has mufflers that is suposed to be stock sounding and being the right size but those are very much mufflers made to be universal aplication, but the prices are pretty god, i would have a look at yearone if you realy want it to look and sound stock.. just checked there website www.yearone.com and i am not convinced about what they say is stock since the only seam to ofer 2 1/4" and 2½" mufflers wich is wrong as far as i know for an A-Body Mopar an Abody mopar with a 340 is suposed to have 2 1/4" inlets and and 1 7/8" or 2" tailpipes

AJ; My name is Don and I have a 70 Duster 340 and I have a Pair of Flow Master Mufflers on my 340 and it sounds fantastic to my old ears. They sell different series to meet your sound wants and needs. Everyone is going to have their own personal preference but this is mine. By the way nice to make your acquaintence.......Don.....

I am running 2 1/2" TTI exahaust from 340 HP manifolds through Dynomax super turbos and love the sound.

I love my Dynomax Ultraflows on the Duster but they are most likely to aggresive sounding for what you would want on your car. They make the 508 cam sound pretty bitching at idle. :headbang:

A newer name in mufflers is FloPro and they make alot of different versions. I have their standard ones on my 98 4x4 Chevy 5.7 truck and they sound nice and mellow. They have a website to check out all the styles.

I have FlowMaster 2 chamber origionals on my Road Runner and I cann't say enough great things about them. When the Dart I just picked up in ready it to is getting them. Like said before everyone has there opinion and that's what make this country great. I think there is nothig better sounding on a Mopar.

I replaced the original exhaust from mufflers back to tails with
Raven mufflers and straight out tailpipes. Mine had the original turn down
tailpipes, (hate turn down tailpipes.) Anyhow, it sounds great not to
raspy and nice on the highway.
I still have original pipes on, from manifolds to mufflers.
Car is '70 Duster 340 EV2 orange 4spd. w/ 60,000 miles.

I love trying out new mufflers.............its FUN!!!!!

AJDUSTER72 said:
Hey guys n girls
Have 72 Duster 340 Still has orignal
exhaust on it.Looking to but new on.
Still want that factory sound, anyone
know whats out there or if any stock
ones are left out there.
Know I will get some answers.
Thanks AJ
i know alot of people are thinking flomaster, i have some personal test data on my 73 valiant, 360 built to e58 specs, 8.5 to 1 comp, 2 1/4 exh, 1 5/8 hedders, 2.94 surgrip. w/walker dynomax it ran a best of 14.18, with flomasters it ran a best of 14.70. test were done a week apart, test conditions were the same. i put the dynomaxs back on it ran a best of 14.15, i have used nothing but dynomax since then on my last two cars

Check out Spintech. They make different series also and should have somethign quieter. I'm no fan of Flowmaster around here its "The Chevy Sound" I wanted something different and I had a flowmaster 50 on my Dakota with a 318 and the resonance inside at highway speeds got old in a hurry. My spintechs are loud but no resonance and everyone says it sounds evil.

-
Back