My First car is a 76 Scamp - I'm 31 yrs old

-

MudFlap

Reaction score
Actually, I haven't bought it quite yet, but most likely will. It seems to me like the 76 is a bastard child. I already have 2 Bastard mopars - a 79 W150 PU, and an 88 W150 RamCharger. I've had the PU for 8 yrs now, and the RC for 4 yrs.

Actually, the Scamp won't be my first car - I bought a 79 LeBaron (Dippy) for $75 last weekend. Bought it for parts, thinkin the cop car wheels and new tires, as well as the fresh 318 might come in handy. I've never started it yet, 'cause it needs a flexplate.

Ma Mopar made a lotta weird changes to the trucks in 79. And don't get me started on the 88 TBI setup. I just don't wanna get this 76 to find out it's another sombitch I can't get parts for. I noticed Headers for 76 Scamp 318 aren't very popular. I guess my main question is - Am I gonna have a hard time finding aftermarket parts (performance or stock) for this? If so, I may just buy it and sell it.

I'm not new to Mopar. I'm not new to a lack of 3rd party aftermarket parts for Mopar. I just hope this won't be too bad, 'cause I think I already like this car. Especially for the price. Thanks.

although the parts wont be listed as 76' , more likely up to 74' or maybe 75', they'll work the same A- bodies change in 73 so alot of things aren't direct bolt ons but I don't hink you'll have any problems. I've got a 76 Dart Lite and a 74 Dart Swinger and I've never had a problem finding parts. and headers shouldn't be a problem look for Headmans- just over a hundred bucks and they work good. Just remember it might not list Scamp as an aplication but all Valiant, Duster Dart, Demon, Swinger, and Scamps are closely related cousins and share alot of parts.

-
Back