My FIRST MOPAR. Magnum Swap/Nitrous is happening.

-
Also, it would be fun to just throw that thing together and hit it with nitrous. I did a real low budget rebuild on mine with new rings, bearings, gaskets, regrind cam, EQ heads, etc. but the motor probably would have been fine as it was...and a moderate shot of nitrous. As it were, I ended up turboing it anyway but as cheap as they are you could probably get 4 complete JY spares for the cost of a econo rebuild. Good luck, you'll enjoy it. Mine was low 12s, high 11s N/A.

Did you do a build thread? Sounds badass! I'm literally doing this on a no money budget. Lol already nickel and diming me to death.I come from the turbo 4cyl world.

Did you do a build thread? Sounds badass! I'm literally doing this on a no money budget. Lol already nickel and diming me to death.I come from the turbo 4cyl world.
I didn't do a build thread on the magnum but there is some info in my user profile. I do have a turbo build thread in the Forced Induction category, but don't take that route if you're on a budget. But I basically followed the LXGUY build. Same guy with the magnumswap website. Used the same head gaskets, push rods, etc that he recommended. Had my cam reground by Oregon camshaft which was cheap. The EQ heads were the biggest expense. If your heads are good, then you can hopefully skip that expense. Mine had the typical cracked valve seats but I've read that they will still work.

I didn't do a build thread on the magnum but there is some info in my user profile. I do have a turbo build thread in the Forced Induction category, but don't take that route if you're on a budget. But I basically followed the LXGUY build. Same guy with the magnumswap website. Used the same head gaskets, push rods, etc that he recommended. Had my cam reground by Oregon camshaft which was cheap. The EQ heads were the biggest expense. If your heads are good, then you can hopefully skip that expense. Mine had the typical cracked valve seats but I've read that they will still work.

O no, I can't afford to do a turbo build. Hell, even the heads. Lol, not sure if my heads are cracked. It's a higher milage motor so I'm sure they are.

Thank god! Installing timing chain, and LA front case, painting it the next couple days. Then drop it in.

Fixed the stripped holes.

20160923_190525.jpg

Made some progress. 318 mounts didn't work, but I'm cheap, and didn't buy new mounts. Welded an ear for the driver side. I'll get pics of that as well.

20161002_143345.jpg

20161002_182204.jpg

Engine is in. Had it all in, went to bolt the headers in...hit the driver side mid mount. Was so pissed. I had ground it down, but not enough. (Just grind it all the way down). So, got a die grinder and a gnarly bit and went to town. Fits now. Barely.

20161009_145130.jpg

20161009_145042.jpg

Got the steelies on with caps, riveted a scoop on, magnums running good. (Just having MSD box issues). Car weighed 3140lbs

20161113_170431.jpg

45754.jpeg

20161113_105117.jpg

Love the look of those steel wheels. Painted or powder coated?

Jake

-
Back