My New Ride

-

hotrodhoodlum

X Nostalgia Drag Racer
Reaction score
65 Fish, 360 cid base for engine, pump gas 450 hp, 475 bl ft tq, 727 2800 stall , 8 3/4 with 3.23 street grears I will run 4.30 at the track . Coil Over rear suspension super stock springs , She Scoots getting her ready for the track. Im in the process of changing Tires and putting on 15 x 4.5 cragars in the front with MT Front runners and 28.5 x 9 Towel City Pie Crusts in the rear . Trying to keep the Nostalgia Theme going

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 500
  • 016.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 500
  • 017.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 494
  • 004.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 492
  • 018.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 491
  • 011.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 497
  • 002.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 497
  • 005.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 509
  • 009.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 496
  • 012.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 486
Nice craftmanship,on the cage.Love to see a video of a launch,that car should hammer out of the hole,sorted out.

Welcome, sweet ride you have there! I love the old school look, I ran 15x4 Cragars on my 66, previously they were run on a 68 SS factory Barracuda back in the day and stored till I got them. Now I put my skinny Torq thrusts back on with bias ply M/T tires, like the bias look better. I have lots of pics in my profile if you want to see more!

Very cool ride! I have one small little thing I want to mention on your fuel cell. I see you are using those tabs to hang it. From what the manufacturers say and from what I've been told, these are not to be used as mounting points and are only to temporarily hold the cell in place while the actual mounting system is built or installed. You probably already knew that, but I would hate to see one of those tabs fatigue and rip out of that nice fuel cell down the road.

Hello fellow Illinoian,
Great looking car. Got the Mopar show and drag racing coming up this month on the 28th and 29th at Greats Lakes dragaway. Never been to it myself but am thinking about going this time. I'm located in Crete, IL.

I will be there, but I'm just not sure with the car ? I'm having a tire clearance problem that I need to fix just bought new pie crust 28.5 and they are hitting the front of the wheel well . I have to make a spacer for the front hanger

Hello fellow Illinoian,
Great looking car. Got the Mopar show and drag racing coming up this month on the 28th and 29th at Greats Lakes dragaway. Never been to it myself but am thinking about going this time. I'm located in Crete, IL.

There is, a frame built under the cell that it sits in . Thanks for the head up I am a real safety nut and I appreciate your feedback ..

Very cool ride! I have one small little thing I want to mention on your fuel cell. I see you are using those tabs to hang it. From what the manufacturers say and from what I've been told, these are not to be used as mounting points and are only to temporarily hold the cell in place while the actual mounting system is built or installed. You probably already knew that, but I would hate to see one of those tabs fatigue and rip out of that nice fuel cell down the road.

There is, a frame built under the cell that it sits in . Thanks for the head up I am a real safety nut and I appreciate your feedback ..

Oh ok, that's good. I guess I couldn't see it in the pics. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Very nice :color: and Congratulations :cheers: And welcome aboard this great site.
I see some fun times in your very near future :burnout:

Your Barracuda looks about the same color as my little 66 Valiant :happy2:

Made some changes click full screen

hood scoop and dumps ordered .Should look cool

[ame="http://youtu.be/34cAiFcVmFk"]http://youtu.be/34cAiFcVmFk[/ame]

O MY GOODNESS!!! =D>=D> She sounds and looks gerrrrrate :happy2:
I think it's about time to have an early a body car show thread so we can vote on these great early A Bodies :cheers:

Updated pics

65 Fish, 360 cid base for engine, pump gas 450 hp, 475 bl ft tq, 727 2800 stall , 8 3/4 with 3.23 street grears I will run 4.30 at the track . Coil Over rear suspension super stock springs , She Scoots getting her ready for the track. Im in the process of changing Tires and putting on 15 x 4.5 cragars in the front with MT Front runners and 28.5 x 9 Towel City Pie Crusts in the rear . Trying to keep the Nostalgia Theme going

Attachments

• s.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 169
  • p.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 147
-
Back