My PLASTIC addiction.....

-

Deecee

Reaction score
Well guys, not only do i love the real mopars, but i love to build them in the smaller scale too, and pretty well anything else in plastic..

Did this Roadrunner a year ago, i am not into SUPER details, but just enough to make it FINISHED.

Attachments

• DSCF5663.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 684
  • DSCF5731.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 649
  • DSCF5728.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 640
  • DSCF5727.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 629
  • DSCF5722.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 620
  • DSCF5721.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 652
  • DSCF5720.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 623
  • DSCF5704.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 632
  • DSCF5691.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 627
  • DSCF5665.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 639
Cheers guys, thanks.... this one did go a bit over the top for me, but it WON the contest. :)

Here is another Mopar in plastic... a 67' Charger with a HEMI!!

Attachments

• 67' Charger done 013.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 575
  • 67' Charger done 009.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 562
  • 67' Charger done 002.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 565
  • int 001.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 539
  • 67' Charger done 006.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 565
  • 67' Charger done 008.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 575
  • 67' Charger done 007.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 578
Cool stuff, please show us more .

Thank you mate, i didn't think anybody was really interested in the model side of things, but i will put up a few more for you. :)

A pair of turbo's on a hemi 67 GTX, bit of pro touring style.

Attachments

• GTX 012.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 498
  • GTX 009.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 475
  • GTX 008.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 462
  • GTX 005.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 473
  • GTX 002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 486
I was sent a link to some guys in the USA who are building a ViperBee, basically a V10 Superbee, with turbos in the side quarter panels, soooo, i just had to have a go at it.
I used a Coronet as the donor, made the V10 fit, and put the turbo's in the side panels, which has been plumbed up with metal tube. Sectioned out a Challenfger hood too.
It also has 4 x Viper bucket seats, snake skin hood lining and some trunk work aswell.
Thanks for the interest too. :)

Attachments

• done 013.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 473
  • done 016.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 468
  • done 017.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 489
  • done 009.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 495
  • done 005.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 459
  • done 004.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 463
  • done 006.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 464
  • done 002.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 478
Nice work! Use to be a family hobby of ours when I was a kid. I still like the plastic too, however, I have no time to build (or I grow impatient lol). So, I collect the dealership promo's of the Mopar Muscle cars. Nice to look at them and know they were at the dealership counter at the same time the real ones were on the floor....

Hey Deecee,

Do you have aussie prototypes in model form. Reason i ask is i see all your car models are american prototype. My above all time fav is the mad max XB GT Ford Falcon. This car seems to be a cult classic. I have all the max movies. I think the first was the best.

Exellent scratchbuilding, and kitbashing skills you have sir. I usually build em as stock muscle cars, add a few details and call it good.

My 7 year old daughter and i just built this very same kit, whats interesting is this exact monogram kit in the early 1980s was a plymouth GTX with buckets and console. I guess they recycled the tooling into an RR.

Matt

Hey Deecee,

Do you have aussie prototypes in model form. Reason i ask is i see all your car models are american prototype. My above all time fav is the mad max XB GT Ford Falcon. This car seems to be a cult classic. I have all the max movies. I think the first was the best.

Matt

Thanks guys, unfortunately Matt, not much is available in Aussie cars, most are pretty second rate resin copies, not very accurate either, BUT, the Mad Max XB is available, it was done by Aoshima, but you will pay a pretty penny for it too.
And Mr 4speedcuda, i got it from a mate who gets it from your side of the world through evilbay.

Thanks for the kind words too men, i will send a few more through. :)

Well that sucks that all you can get are cheapo resin copies. Id love to build an E49 charger hemi 6 pack, holden commodore. (Last variant is our pontiac G Eight) (holden monaro the last variant is our pontiac GTO) i love the various falcons and utes. Utes are ultra cool.

I owned a 1973 ford ranchero GT 351. And sold a 1960 chevy el camino a number of years back after doing a frame off resto on it.

I think the valiant utilities would have been great in the states, but everybody was pushing for full sized pickup trucks. So sales figures for the ford and chevy versions were spotty.

Mopar did make a ute for the american market. Fwd front of an omni 024 pickup bed in the back. Dodge called it a rampage, plymouth called it a scamp.

Matt

Bad ***!! All Of Em!

I wish I could find a 70 Dart... I already purchased a Corvette one to pull the motor out of...

There is a 70 Dart resin body. I have one. It's pretty good as far as resin goes. I can't remember which resin place it was from. I haven't done anything with it yet.

Maybe revell/monogram hasnt realized an untapped market in oz, and new zealand, plus american modrlers wanting to do something besides the same old.

Well that sucks that all you can get are cheapo resin copies. Id love to build an E49 charger hemi 6 pack, holden commodore. (Last variant is our pontiac G Eight) (holden monaro the last variant is our pontiac GTO) i love the various falcons and utes. Utes are ultra cool.

I owned a 1973 ford ranchero GT 351. And sold a 1960 chevy el camino a number of years back after doing a frame off resto on it.

I think the valiant utilities would have been great in the states, but everybody was pushing for full sized pickup trucks. So sales figures for the ford and chevy versions were spotty.

Mopar did make a ute for the american market. Fwd front of an omni 024 pickup bed in the back. Dodge called it a rampage, plymouth called it a scamp.

Matt

Thanks for the comments guys, yeah, it is a pitty they do bugger all in the Aussie ones, although they did do the 2 door GTO, (modern Monaro), it wasn't too bad to build, but Aussie Mopar is non existent in plastic. :(
Matt, you talk of the Valiant ute, here is a pic of my 1:1 i have just finished building, there is a thread in members restorations if your interested mate.

Attachments

• 081.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 411
  • 085.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 375
We all think "Christine" had a bad attitude, well, what if she had an "EVIL TWIN".
Here is my take on a more sinister version, with a pro charged HEMI. :evil2:

Attachments

• cd 001.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 365
  • christine done 018.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 385
  • christine done 013.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 378
  • christine done 010.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 380
  • christine done 006.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 384
  • christine done 001.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 367
  • christine done 003.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 369
Now thats slick. Theres a 57 fury in a junkyard i frequent. Car gives me the creeps. Ironically my 7 year old thinks christine is great. Wants to build a model of one.

I hear what your saying about the resin cast stuff. There was a mad max falcon i found on ebay that was resin cast, it was awful. I mean if it was something i pulled out of a mould, i would have pitched it in the trash. It was that bad.

Thanks for the comments guys, yeah, it is a pitty they do bugger all in the Aussie ones, although they did do the 2 door GTO, (modern Monaro), it wasn't too bad to build, but Aussie Mopar is non existent in plastic. :(
Matt, you talk of the Valiant ute, here is a pic of my 1:1 i have just finished building, there is a thread in members restorations if your interested mate.

Hey Deecee your ute is super cool. I been following a few builds on the resto forums. I found yours on there. Pretty awful shade of pink. You did the car a service by changing the color. Whats intetesting is I live out in west Texas, so the pix of your valiant the backrounds in the shots looks familiar. Does that seem odd? Mebbe not.

The chassis in my avatar is a 67 barracuda notchback. I have had the car for years. Just seems like everytime i want to mess with it, lifes issues come up and i close the door to the shop and let it sit. Glad to see you were able to get yours apart and back together in what looks like record time.

Matt

Thanks Matt, yeah, life does get in the way of projects sometimes, but, it will get done one day.... small steps i found, and before you know it, it's done.. :)
As for the background, well, there is definately a few miles between us. that's for sure, uncanny isn't it..

Here is another one, not everything i build is Mopar, but just as tough.
67; Chevelle with a Nascar chassis, nascar motor with a pair of turbo's and a sniff of NOS..
Would be a lot of fun i think...
(Been watching too much "street outlaws" )

Attachments

• NAS-RAT 002.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 346
  • 022.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 361
  • 016.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 358
  • 009.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 359
  • 015.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 014.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 361
  • 012.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 368
  • NAS-RAT 003.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 321
Street outlaws yep. LOL its great.

Do you get discovery channel out there?
Theres a show called real street racers of oklahoma city.

If you dont try youtube for it
Type in dung beetle
Type in farm truck

These guys have 2 of the coolest sleepers. A vw bettle they destored to make it look like crap. Its got a 2400 cc vw boxer w a monster assed turbo. Its incredible the supercars they have spanked w it.

The farm truck, looks just like that a beat to crap 71 chevy C/10 farm truck. This thing will jerk the front wheels off the ground and run low 10s.

Thats pretty cool too.

Yeah mate, very familiar with those two, awesome sleepers, we are up to where Farm truck has his NEW engine, that is insane in that beast, will keep an eye out for the street racers, but sounds very much like the Outlaw show.
Alot of wicked cars in that show, and lots of inspiration too mate..

-
Back