Canadian 1971 Duster 340 4-Speed

-

Miguel340GB5

Reaction score
IMG_5538.JPG
IMG_5060.JPG
Hi everyone, here is my original 1971 Duster 340 4 speed. It is an unrestored car with only one outside repaint. Canadian car from Western.
The 340 has been upgraded to 416ci and Im going for factory appearing. I will start to rebuild my A833 transmission during the winter when I will get all the parts to complete my engine.

Last edited:
Unrestored but motor is out of the car and is bored/stroked and car also has a "Show & Go Restoration" front plate.

Car looks beautiful though...

Riddler

Great looking car --- is GB5 exterior or B7 ? Any pictures of the rest of the car, broadcast sheet, etc.?

Looking forward to your "mini resto." - upgrades via the stroker 340. the 4 speed, etc.

Looks like a bench seat car --- any information about the ownership history since new?

Unrestored but it's been repainted and the motor has been done? That's far from unmolested. Good looking car though.

Unrestored but motor is out of the car and is bored/stroked and car also has a "Show & Go Restoration" front plate.

Car looks beautiful though...

Riddler
Thats where I got the car.

Last edited:
Great looking car --- is GB5 exterior or B7 ? Any pictures of the rest of the car, broadcast sheet, etc.?

Looking forward to your "mini resto." - upgrades via the stroker 340. the 4 speed, etc.

Looks like a bench seat car --- any information about the ownership history since new?
Yes GB5 outside with GB7 inside, deluxe interior bench seat with Decor group package, also light package. I dont have any owner history before 1998... I know it was first registered in Alberta in 1986, was registered in BC before 1986. No options added on car exept 340 Callout on hood and Stereo Cassette.

Unrestored but it's been repainted and the motor has been done? That's far from unmolested. Good looking car though.
I am saying unrestored one repaint, not saying survivor car 100% original. My car does still an unrestored car, all original paint under hood.

Last edited:
Cool ride! Love to see the pics. Thanks

IMG_3480.JPG
L4B7 interior with GB7 door frame. Also A88 Interior Decor group. Original bench seat of the car, seat belt, dash, dash pad, cluster, etc.

Factory options on this car,
Light Package,
Basic radio group,
Interior decor package,
Tinted glass,
LH remote mirror,
Rear window defogger,
3 speed wipers,
Pedal Dress up,
Hood pins,
Trunk Lamp,
Fender Turn Signal,
Roof drip rail moulding,
Wide sill moulding,
Dual Exhaust,
Exhaust tips,
AM Radio,
Whites stripes.
Canadian Car.

that is a great looking ride Miguel

dont get to upset about the "unrestored" comments, most people take that to mean "no other word then regular scheduled maintenance done to it" and then if you say the following, that raises an eyebrow

Mostly everything on the engine is new date-coded repro or restored. .

im still laughing at your "sleeper" comment (in a good way, not poking fun at you)
but...your driving a duster with a sharktooth grille and a 2 foot tall 340 call out on the hood, you may as well be driving a viper and calling that a sleeper

that is a great looking ride Miguel

dont get to upset about the "unrestored" comments, most people take that to mean "no other word then regular scheduled maintenance done to it" and then if you say the following, that raises an eyebrow

im still laughing at your "sleeper" comment (in a good way, not poking fun at you)
but...your driving a duster with a sharktooth grille and a 2 foot tall 340 call out on the hood, you may as well be driving a viper and calling that a sleeper
Thanks ! Yes it's sure everyone will knows thats not a Slant 6 car, I preffer to put back the factory 340 whites stripes, Phoenix Graphics offers the 416 Callout, but I dont like it.. well my engine did 450hp on the dyno and 520pounds of torque ! Cant wait to run it. The only muscle car I have drove is a Stock 68 original Roadrunner Hemi 4 speed.

Diggin' the car for sure........ That Blue looks great. I am curious about a few things.... One is the Steering Wheel. It's the same one in my 72 and is it considered a Deluxe Wheel?

JW

IMG_20161115_161225100_HDR.jpg

Diggin' the car for sure........ That Blue looks great. I am curious about a few things.... One is the Steering Wheel. It's the same one in my 72 and is it considered a Deluxe Wheel?

JW

View attachment 1714989799
Yes my steering wheel is original to the car, but not the horn. The horn is from 1971 Plymouth B-Body with woodgrain steering wheel.

looks good , but a repaint and motor work don't equal unrestored , it just not fully restored .

First off, that is a great looking 340 Duster! Given the condition it's in and assuming no metal was replaced when repainted in the '80's it was probably and Vancouver or Vancouver Island car during its early life in BC. The rest of BC had snow which means salt on the roads.... unless the original owners didn't drive it in the winter. Nice purchase!

I too question the "unrestored" claim since it has been painted and the engine is out and nowhere near it's original CID. Definitely a lightly restored car but not an unrestored one.

https://www.hagerty.ca/articles-videos/Articles/2011/04/04/Unrestored-Car-Sales

Cmon dude ?? I am saying unrestored one repaint, not saying survivor car 100% original; BIG difference ! My car does still an unrestored car, all original paint under hood with correct battery tray sprayed black from the plant.

is what it is.. a nice looking car but the respray is a cosmetic restoration and a fresh motor sure isn't unrestored.. like i said its a good looking car..

hell our dart is wearing its original paint and i don't consider it unrestored..:)

View attachment 1714989776 View attachment 1714989775 Hi everyone, I am 22 years old and here is my original 1971 Duster 340 4 speed. It is an unrestored car with only one outside repaint. Canadian car from West. Full options.
My 340 has been stroked to 416 and Im going for a facotry appearing sleeper engine ! Mostly everything on the engine is new date-coded repro or restored. I will start to rebuild my A833 transmission during the winter when I will get all the parts to complete my engine.

-
Back