Canadian 1971 Duster 340 4-Speed

-
View attachment 1714989776 View attachment 1714989775 Hi everyone, I am 22 years old and here is my original 1971 Duster 340 4 speed. It is an unrestored car with only one outside repaint. Canadian car from West. Full options.
My 340 has been stroked to 416 and Im going for a facotry appearing sleeper engine ! Mostly everything on the engine is new date-coded repro or restored. I will start to rebuild my A833 transmission during the winter when I will get all the parts to complete my engine.
Looks Great!!! mine has the AO1 light package and A88 Interior Décor Package too!

Looks Great!!! mine has the AO1 light package and A88 Interior Décor Package too!
I really like your car ! I am going to put black steelies on mine without dog dish, I also want to put front and rear bumper guards like yours.

Nicely Detailed motor, as far as the unrestored part.... I've seen many cars that have a new motor and repaint and they consider that a full restoration.

Nice car. Great work on the engine resto for sure. I just noticed the front drum brakes. To my knowledge 340 cars had discs. I know that some racers used to swap the heavy disc out for some lightweight 9" front drums back in the day. Was this a drag car at one time? Where in alberta was it registered?

I also was led to believe that on the 70/71- 340 cars front discs were standard equipment. Where as the 72-340 cars came standard with 10 inch drum brakes and the disc brakes were an option.

Nice car. Great work on the engine resto for sure. I just noticed the front drum brakes. To my knowledge 340 cars had discs. I know that some racers used to swap the heavy disc out for some lightweight 9" front drums back in the day. Was this a drag car at one time? Where in alberta was it registered?
Hi, the front disc brake were standard on 70 Duster 340, but in 71 they put drum brake standard on front.. Yes it's been drag raced but never tubed. The only info I have is that the car was registered from 86 to 87 in Alberta, never registered until I buy it and register in Québec. The car was in Sylvan Lake in 1998 when the guy that sell it to me buy it.

IMG_3496.JPG
That's when I get the car, dull old paint, you guys would not say it's been restored if you see the car. I only polish it and there is many scratchs on it and rust bulb on quater.
Nicely Detailed motor, as far as the unrestored part.... I've seen many cars that have a new motor and repaint and they consider that a full restoration.

Last edited:
Sorry I don't know any history on the car. I wish I could help. I assume you had the add up on kijiji looking for history of the car too. When I saw it on kijij, initially I though I knew the previous owner, it was close, but it was a different car unfortunately. Looks like a good solid car.

Sorry I don't know any history on the car. I wish I could help. I assume you had the add up on kijiji looking for history of the car too. When I saw it on kijij, initially I though I knew the previous owner, it was close, but it was a different car unfortunately. Looks like a good solid car.
I still have the add on Kijiji, well it's pretty hard to find past owner/history.. I know the last person who has it registered is a woman, her name is Deborah Rose Swierzynski, but I cant find here anywhere.. she had the car on her name when it was first registered in 1986 in Alberta..
The car is pretty solid and it would be an easy resto, but I preffer to run it the way it is now. I would preffer a Six-Pack car for a restoration.

Possibility from Edmonton I think

11824 86 St NW # 5 Swierzynski, D 780-477-9898

That's a solid Ukrainian name which isn't surprising given it's Alberta. With a last name like that it's likely you would get a hit by contacting the person above. If the last owner you knew was a "Smith" or a "Chan" then it would be a daunting task.

Possibility from Edmonton I think - cant be many swierzynski's around

11824 86 St NW # 5 Swierzynski, D 780-477-9898
I have her birthdate, an old adress and driver liscense number.. Yes the adress she had in the 2015 summer is in Edmonton, 13539 108 ST NW T5E 4X7. But nothing to find on google, I got these infos from cops.

I have her birthdate, an old adress and driver liscense number.. Yes the adress she had in the 2015 summer is in Edmonton, 13539 108 ST NW T5E 4X7. But nothing to find on google, I got these infos from cops.

Have you called the phone number yet?? That would be a good starting point.

Have you called the phone number yet?? That would be a good starting point.
Yes it does says invalid number, but I see on the link there is two D. Swierzynski in Edmonton, on has the same phone number I have. I think that the same person.

If you ever get ahold of the previous owner and they have some documentation or old parts. I get to Edmonton every few weeks (for kids hockey games) and could pick it up and send it to you if like.

If you ever get ahold of the previous owner and they have some documentation or old parts. I get to Edmonton every few weeks (for kids hockey games) and could pick it up and send it to you if like.
Thanks, I will contact you if there is anything !
Still that the car was pretty complete, only thing I dont have is history and documentations..

Man if I found out "cops" were giving out my personal information. Someone would be loosing their jobs. Yes, there are ways to find this information legally. But in this country your not even allowed to look something up without legal cause, same for hospital staff giving out information. Yes, it does happen, and most of the time I'd bet it's harmless. But that don't make it right.

Man if I found out "cops" were giving out my personal information. Someone would be loosing their jobs. Yes, there are ways to find this information legally. But in this country your not even allowed to look something up without legal cause, same for hospital staff giving out information. Yes, it does happen, and most of the time I'd bet it's harmless. But that don't make it right.
Not if it was posted on a sale ad like Craigslist or Kijiji! Whats wrong with that?

Last edited:
View attachment 1714989776 View attachment 1714989775 Hi everyone, I am 22 years old and here is my original 1971 Duster 340 4 speed. It is an unrestored car with only one outside repaint. Canadian car from West. Full options.
My 340 has been stroked to 416 and Im going for a facotry appearing sleeper engine ! Mostly everything on the engine is new date-coded repro or restored. I will start to rebuild my A833 transmission during the winter when I will get all the parts to complete my engine.

Only one thing wrong with that pic: a V8 should not be trusted to stop on front drum brakes, discs are much more efficient and safer.
Very nice car though.

Last edited:
You better do more than restore those brakes if you plan to haul the 416 down to a stop.

-
Back