N96 One-of-None 1972 Demon Fresh-Air Hood

-

Demon 408

Reaction score
Okay, so we all know that Dodge did not make a N96 fresh-air hood and air cleaner to match the dual snorkel hood scoop that came as a factory option on the 72 Demon/73 Dart Sport. That is why I decided to make my own… I call it the “home baked” Demon Ramcharger fresh-air system. Proving that you can have your cake and your fresh air too, of course the cake would be Devil’s Food! The air cleaner seals to the hood and encloses both hood scoop air inlets (in stock location) providing fresh air to the carb. For reference, I’m running an LD-340 intake and 1/2” spacer under the carb. The list of parts I used follows the pictures.

View attachment Air Cleaner 04.JPG
View attachment Air Cleaner 05.JPG
View attachment Air Cleaner 06.JPG
View attachment Air Cleaner 07.JPG
View attachment Air Cleaner 12.JPG

Parts List:
17x3 inch cake pan; EBay: $39.00
Air Cleaner Lid from N96 Ramcharger/Air Grabber air cleaner assembly; Herb’s Parts: $105.00
Ford Motor Sports Air Cleaner (I used the base plate and air filter for the correct drop for my set up and the correct diameter for the N96 lid); Summit Racing (PN# PRO-302-350): $48.00
Goodmark Industries GM Cowl Induction hood seal, installed inside out (PN# GMK-402023006912): $22.00
Mopar decals from Performance Car Graphics (to counteract Ford and Chevy parts): $41.00
Misc. Parts; Rivets and Paint: $15.00

Total cost with shipping: $270.00

Certainly, you could do this for less money if you don’t use the N96 air cleaner lid and decals.

Can you bake snacks in that cake pan to hand out or munch on at cruises? Bonus! :)

Looks nice and clean! Good job.

Where does the cake pan come in?

What a great job. Looks almost like it should be stock.

Looks good.
How about some pics from under the hood?

I don't have any pictures of the underside of the hood. I'll take some tomorrow and post them. But, I can tell you that it's the stock cut-outs in the hood (two 4 inch round holes with a rubber seal around each).

Edit: Here's the picture of the underside of the hood.

View attachment Air Cleaner 13.JPG

Damn cool....Don't be mad if I copy it!

I like it, Might be another one. If you don't mind.

Looks nice and clean! Good job.

very nice ! and clever !! you do nice work too.

Thats freakin sweet.....Gonna have to borrow the idea

That is very neat, nice job!! :glasses7:

That is downright awsome!

Nice, real nice!!

What a great job. Looks almost like it should be stock.

Looks good.

Cool idea...subscribed

Bad ***. The DC covers are brilliant with it.

Thanks for all the compliments. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

There was an how to in Mopar Mag years back on how to use all mopar partsto do this. The white car had it done . The original air cleaner lid had the center cut out and had a Mini Van door rubber on it. and was mounted on the hood with dart door windlace . The orange car had a indy intake and it was to high to use the hood mounted lid..

I like the idea of the Cake pan. Alot easier then the aluminum one I made.

I really enjoy seeing engineering at it's best and you hit a home run here on your Ramcharger fresh air system Demon 408 :cheers: OE holes work for it and it
has a perfect MoPar look :glasses7:
I would grade this update and give it an A+, Fresh cool air make's the engine happy :coffee2: Outstanding designed system =D>

-
Back