Name this Carb.....

-

jfive

Reaction score
can anyone tell me anything about this carb, it was on when i got the car and it has no markings/numbers anywhere i can find. it was running rich when i got it, but had no exhaust and no air cleaner, now has both and need to adjust the air/fuel ratio. is it these 2 screws on the bottom? any help would be appreciated.

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2238.jpeg

IMG_2240(1).jpeg

IMG_2241.jpeg

Carter BBD two barrel. BBD= "Ball and Ball dual". Yes, the two spring loaded screws adjust the idle fuel mixture. Use a vacuum gauge and adjust them to get the highest vacuum reading at idle.

Carter BBD two barrel. BBD= "Ball and Ball dual". Yes, the two spring loaded screws adjust the idle fuel mixture. Use a vacuum gauge and adjust them to get the highest vacuum reading at idle.
thanks for the quick reply, where exactly do i hook up vacuum gauge.

thanks for the quick reply, where exactly do i hook up vacuum gauge.
In your 2nd picture down, disconnect the hose at the carburetor that comes off the choke pull off and attach the hose for the vacuum gauge there.

That carb looks fairly clean. Is it by chance the Chinese knock off BBD? If so, you might have to take the top off and free up the metering rod slide. The inside of those seems to corrode like a bee-atch. I've had to deal with a couple of those. Uncle Tony has a video on those as well.

yes it is very clean, when i got the car that was one of the things the PO changed out. i have a, what looks to be original, in the trunk. it will need a complete rebuild.
Is it by chance the Chinese knock off BBD?
so to answer the question i have no idea if is Chinese or not, but the probability is up there. i will see what the gauge tells me and go from there. thanks for the info

Carter BBD or a knock off...alot of guys love those knock offs...if I recall you can rebuild a BBD if the throttle shaft bores arent worn badly...

-
Back