Neat model airplane!

-

Bigmacdak

I'll take the Duster.....
Reaction score
You guys know im always lurking around on youtube looking for some neat automotive stuff. But, im also a huge aviation buff! Have any of you guys ever listened to a big radial engine? At idle, they make a sound just as sweet as a bigblock mopar with a big fat cam!! Model airplanes are getting very popular (& expensive!) these days. Here is a model plane with a supercharged 400cc model airplane radial engine. Listen to this thing lope!! & its only 400cc!!:cheers: (Starts it up at :45)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYrL-eGEOUY&feature=related

Here is the same model flying around. UNREAL sound at :40!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHfvbxim2_o&feature=related

Way COOL! Have you seen the one of the B-29 model that actualy drops a rocket powered X-1?

No, I just started looking at the models tonight! I'll check into it! These things are crazy expensive. I bet this ol' boy has 20K or better in this one.:angry7:

That is very nice. But nothing compared to a real radial. Like a Prat R2800 cid, Or a Right R3350 cid, Or my fave a Prat R4360. check out the reno air races and you will see some bad radials. Like Drednot, or Critical Mass. Or my all time fave Rare Bare. That plane has the sweetes sound. All the in line V-12's sond like toys compared to Rare Bare and his R3350 with a cut down P-3 Prop. I need to get out to the air races again. Thank you for sharing that.

That is very nice. But nothing compared to a real radial. Like a Prat R2800 cid, Or a Right R3350 cid, Or my fave a Prat R4360. check out the reno air races and you will see some bad radials. Like Drednot, or Critical Mass. Or my all time fave Rare Bare. That plane has the sweetes sound. All the in line V-12's sond like toys compared to Rare Bare and his R3350 with a cut down P-3 Prop. I need to get out to the air races again. Thank you for sharing that.

Oh, no doubt a toy next to the real deal. & yeah the merlin's sound is like a 4banger next to these monsters! A good vid of a Wright 3350-26WD on youtube, 3350 C.I. INSANE!

I would love to go to a real air race sometime. Living in hickville USA, its a treat when the local old timer flys his DC-3 around for a while. Nothing like a gooney bird flying over-head to get your attention!

-
Back