Need a good car for my mom...

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Hello. My mom's 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee got repo'd due to some financial situations. So, she needs a good reliable car. Something like a newer Honda Civic or Accord, or Toyota Celica, Camry. Something along those lines that gets around 30 MPG. She has around 5 thousand saved, maybe she could get a little more...

Also, right now she has a 1978 Mercedes 450 SL, that is in good shape (body and interior) and runs good, but it definitely isn't good for gas mileage because of the big v8 in it and it needs a total suspension rebuild front and rear, and it needs brakes...But she drives it because that's all she has...

She wants me to rebuild the front end and do the brakes so it's safe for her to drive, but I figure it will cost around 800 for all the parts I need, maybe more...Of course I would do it for free, she is my mom, so there will be no charge for labor...I'm not sure what to do, I don't really like the car, but it needs to be safe and I'd rather her spend the 800 or so towards another car...So, what should I do and whats a good car for my mom who drives a lot for her work, she is a processed server...lol.

Thanks for any input...

-
Back