Need an Expert on Windshield Moulding

-

69cudaownr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need to know what was used for the bottom windshield chrome moulding on a 1969 Barracuda Convertible. I have been told it was a chrome covered plastic that fit in the weather seal grove. I have also been told it was a piece of chrome that was mounted with clips. I have never got a straight answer. Presently I have a chrome plastic piece that fits in the grove that I think comes from a Chev truck. It is better than nothing.
I do have a proper piece of chrome from a hard top but cannot figure out how it would get mounted in the weather seal. Can anyone help?

Thanks Greg

The chromed plastic was used on 1967. The 1968 and 1969 used the stainless on both front and back with screw mounted clips used for the mounting. I don't know if it is even possible to replace the clips with the glass installed as the screws are at the level of the glass. If you are looking for the pieces you might try Eddie (Barracudakid) he might have some. He can be reached at (336) 983-5167 (and yes he said we could pass his phone number out, he has it in one of the posts).

The convertible never got a stainless stick at the front lower from the factory. Don't ask me why, I dont know.
I do know that a stainless stick from any A-body will work there but you would need the clips installed and a length of the round black rubber lock cord to lock the gasket along the bottom.

I need to know what was used for the bottom windshield chrome moulding on a 1969 Barracuda Convertible. I have been told it was a chrome covered plastic that fit in the weather seal grove. I have also been told it was a piece of chrome that was mounted with clips. I have never got a straight answer. Presently I have a chrome plastic piece that fits in the grove that I think comes from a Chev truck. It is better than nothing.
I do have a proper piece of chrome from a hard top but cannot figure out how it would get mounted in the weather seal. Can anyone help?

Thanks Greg
Not sure fo Cuda Conv. 69, However, Darts up to 66 used a gasket with a lockstrip that came in black or chrome with a "D" shaped cross section profile. Then in 67 went to a gasket & lockstrip, black or chrome, with a "F" shaped cross section profile. (only year for this style). Then in 68 on they went to the "Chrome/Stainless Reveal moldings. These are held on with metal clips that screw into the body. They have to be installed before the windsheild. NAPA does carry a suitable substitute of the clips. From past experence the cuda's used alot of the same parts for corisponding years. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

-
Back